Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbeason
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 1 of 3

Droid X extended battery and calibration

Let me go ahead and preface this with an apology.  I'm sure this subject has been reviewed multiple times but I couldn't seem to find it in the forums after several searches.  I've got a Droid X running Android 2.3.4 that I've had for almost two years that needed a battery replacement.  I purchased the BH6X extended battery and like many others I've read about online have had problems with the battery meter reading the correct battery status.  The battery will last for 3-4 days but will go to 5% in only about 10 hours of being on.  I've read multiple posts on other sites about different methods for getting this problem resolved but mine still continues.  I've tried <<Modding tool name removed>> more than once but it succeeds 2 of the 3 steps and fails on the third when trying to root.  If anyone has any real solutions please let me know and end my misery.  This has been going on for a while and though it's not a complete show stopper since the phone does work it's absolutely annoying not knowing for sure when the battery is exhausted and when it's going to die.

Hacking or modding information has been removed. Please be sure to review the house rules for more information on posting appropriately.

Edited by joelbon — Comments removed due to violations of our forum rules. Questions? Read the rules.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid X extended battery and calibration

Before I start I would like to say please don't talk about rooting or tools that can be used to root. This is against the house rules.

Now, with what you have said, I think that I would fully charge the phone and then do a factory data reset. You want to make sure that the battery is fully charged before you do this though. Please backup any data that you may want to save before you do this. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

nbeason
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid X extended battery and calibration

joelbon said:

Before I start I would like to say please don't talk about rooting or tools that can be used to root. This is against the house rules.

Now, with what you have said, I think that I would fully charge the phone and then do a factory data reset. You want to make sure that the battery is fully charged before you do this though. Please backup any data that you may want to save before you do this. Hope this helps.

Didn't appear to work.  I charged the phone fully even to the point of pulling the battery and letting it recalibrate the meter so that I got a full 100% charge.  Did the factory data reset, didn't erase the sdcard however, and let it reactivate and during the time it took to reboot and reactivate approximately 1/8 of the battery life on the indicator was already gone.  There's got to be a way to do this but I've yet to figure it out.  Surly all those that have purchased the extended battery aren't going through this.