Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-23-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 111 of 147

Re: Droid X update -- some tips and suggestions

2011-06-11, 12:50 PM

A couple of observations involving the recent update:

1. Motorola fixed the glitch with the car dock app wherein adding a contact having a last name that includes an apostrophe as a "Favorite" crashed the app.

2. Viewing images and videos via Gallery - Intermittently with Froyo (and still with Gingerbread), when I open the Gallery app with the DX vertical, the "Camera Roll" thumbnail in the upper-left isn't visible ("Camera roll" label is visible however) and the app won't work. It usually can be resolved by rotating the phone and going to landscape and then back to portrait. It would have been nice if this had been addressed by the update, assuming it was a widely known issue (I don't know).

Despite all the issues with the update, I think the pros still outweigh the cons.

Options

107 Posts

04-19-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 112 of 147

2011-06-12, 6:16 AM

Having problems with a few random reboots and freeze ups. Also.the panoramic picture mode does not work anymore.

Options

113 Posts

02-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 113 of 147

2011-06-13, 15:26 PM

A couple of observations from yesterday - while my husband was driving the car, I got out my DX and opened Maps.

In portrait mode, the pointer showed us moving in  the correction direction, (north), but the pointer faced south.

In landscape mode, the pointer faced the correct direction (north).

Twice while rotating the phone from portrait to landscape, Maps force closed.

After it f/c, I forgot to check the east/west...

edit: traveling east the pointer faced west, but I forget which orientation I had the phone...

Options

30 Posts

09-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 114 of 147

2011-06-16, 12:57 PM

I don't beleive this does anything to solve the issue. I have found that many times the Speakerphone icon is not turned on yet the option is enabled when a call comes in. Sure it's nice to not have the icon turned on (in my opinion accounts for 50% of my anger towards this bug) but all this does is give a false sense that everything is working right. Until a call comes in, you put the phone to your ear and the speakerphone kicks in. Needless to say, very annoying.

Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 115 of 147

2011-06-17, 15:00 PM

I changed my wallpaper on my Home profile. When I tried to set up a Work profile with the default wallpaper, my Home wallpaper also reverted to the default. Also, I use Executive Assistant. At one point the background wallpaper for the EA tabs reverted to the default wallpaper. A reboot fixed the second issue.

Options

1097 Posts

07-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 116 of 147

2011-06-17, 17:02 PM

Something similar happened to me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket yesterday and the wallpaper on my default profile had changed. When I clicked Menu-->Profiles I saw that the thumbnail of my default profile showed the correct wallpaper, but in actual use, the wallpaper had been changed to the default Droid gray "X" wallpaper. Not only that, but widgets that I had deleted (e.g., Picture Frame Plus) reappeared on one of my profile's home screens. Very strange.

It's very disconcerting to have new problems pop up after no new apps have been installed and no new OS updates have been released. I hope GingerBlur doesn't continue to degrade like this as time goes by.

Options

25 Posts

05-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 117 of 147

2011-06-19, 3:46 AM

I discovered a similar problem with the wallpaper on my Home profile. Unlike digsoreos I know it is not a new problem

with GB because I discovered it the first day I was on GB,that was on the 2nd of this month. I thought at the time the

problem was with me not knowing how to use it and have not taken the time to problem-solve this issue for myself yet!!!

Options

1 Posts

06-20-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 118 of 147

2011-06-20, 20:12 PM

I can't update my facebook contacts since the update.  I have to have a 2nd contact record for same person.  Also noticed that I can't add as much contact information, such as birthdays/anniversary, as I used to.  Bdays I added prior to update on non FB contacts are showing jumbled & when I go to edit, doesnt show at all.  Even adding a new contact, I dont have option of adding in bday info.  I really used that alot.  When I power the phone off for the nite, in the morning, its turned back on.

Options

7 Posts

06-24-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 119 of 147

2011-06-24, 17:46 PM

There are so many issues with the new software, you should have a way to manually revert to the previous version.

I have a number of phones in my office. All users are older and have not installed any apps. Issues - Wireless range is degraded, and some wifi hotspots we connected to before the update are no longer available. And the constant attempts are killing our batteries. The keyboard locks up constantly. The phones all randomly reboot now for no apparent reason, and the "Force Close" message that pops up all the time.

Options

1 Posts

07-04-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 120 of 147

2011-07-04, 20:26 PM

Sorry, new to the forum and this question may have been answered already but i've just went into my phone settingsand saw that there was a system update.  i updated my phone, it turned off, rebooted, changed the motorola icon from light grey to red and then locks up on the homescreen with about half of the icons showing, the other still appearing to be 'rendering' out.  i've done several battery pulls but with the same results.  Up to this point, i've never had and problems for the past 7-8 months.  Can anyone help?   thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms