802.11n
Views: 75
Message 1 of 12
rsims26
802.11n
Message 2 of 12

Re: Droid X

All of a sudden my Droid seems so small...
AboveTheClouds
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 12

Maybe the model just has small hands...
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 12

Hold off on the buyer's remorse. ..the 2 ghz. processor Motorola model will be here soon enough.  I do like the sound of it's OMAP processor even though running at "only" at 1 ghz.   --- Dan
imragtop
WWAN
Message 5 of 12

That'a a bad phone. They way they keep new stuff coming out, I may just have to break from a new phone every 4 years and get one after 2.
F150Fan
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 12

I just saw all the news on this and watched the videos.  This is what I have been wanting since I first got my Droid.  I love my Droid, don't get me wrong but this is just plain awesome.  The beautiful screen, 4.3 or 4.4 inch, no hardware keyboard, TI OMAP @ 1 GHz, 8mp camera with 720p recording, and the list goes on and on.  I never use the hardware keyboard on my Droid so a tablet style phone is right up my alley.  The new MotoBlur, NinjaBlur, or whatever they are going to call it looks so much better than the original design and still keeps a relative "Vanilla" Android like feel.  I am very excited about this device.  This will most likely be my next phone.  Motorola, thank you for this wonderful device.  Once again it looks like you will be getting some of my hard earned money. 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 12

That *is* one bad phone.  I'm not sure what processor is supposed to be in it, and I think it's all still speculation anyway, but if it's an OMAP, ohhh soooo much the better, as the Droid's 550 mhz. processor can run 1 ghz. with reliability according to the various (non-Motorola) sources, but does include Texas Instruments themselves.  Now, what do I have around here that I can pawn....  --- Dan
jimzsd
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 12

I'll hold out for the front facing camera...
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 12

Expect two cameras on the 2 ghz. Moto...or like the old LG-CU500, a camera that rotates 180 degrees.  I'm sticking my neck out here (but not much) and saying that it will have FULL teleconferencing capability and much more, of course.  Something really has to bury the iPhone4, not just kill it, and Motorola, I truly believe, is going to do it with this upcoming phone.  Merry Christmas to me.      --- Dan
F150Fan
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12

I'm not sure that I can hold out until Christmas.  The only way that I would possibly go with the Droid 2 or the Droid Pro is if the keyboard is held in place better than the current design on the original Droid.  The slider works just fine for me but it tends to open a little when placed in my pocket.  Not a necessarily a deal breaker but a little annoying.  That is why I think that the Droid X would be the right fit for me.  I will wait a little while for the actual specs to be released and I will also wait for a little while after the launch, possibly wait until the Droid 2 is launched, to compare the two, and to see if any problems arise with the Droid X.  I try to not buy a phone when it is first released to see if some things need to be worked out, like software or hardware issues.  Once that looks good then I move in for the kill!!