cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Views: 285
Message 1 of 20

DroidX will not Download ANYTHING from Android Market...Any ideas?

Both my friend and I received new DroidX's from Moto.  We set them up and we both are having the same issue... We can't download ANYTHING from the Market.  There have been some discussions elsewhere re: original Droid (and other Android devices) having same issues...Some think it's related to gmail or google account corruption. Phone did not ask for Market registration, just google account creds.  Phone will not allow me to delete my google account/gmail account and won't let me re-set (wipe) the phone either.  I'm stuck.

Eager to hear any wisdom on this subjuect... Love the device and would love to dump my iphone, but can't without a working Market for apps.

VERY FRUSTRATED.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 20

Re: DroidX will not Download ANYTHING from Android Market...Any ideas?

Well, you are lucky indeed to have gotten a DroidX!  What exactly happens when you try a reset?  Do you get an error message?  How are you trying to do the reset (what steps did you take to do the reset)?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 20

Okay, I'll bite.  Where did you get Droid X's?  They haven't been released yet.  

DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 20

Lucky?  I hope to feel that way soon!

These were gifts from Moto after attending their launch party last week.

It was suggested that google services are at the heart of the issue... I've tried to remove the google account from my Accounts, but it says the account is being used by other applications and then refers me to "Privacy Settings" to reset the phone.

When I attempt Factory Data Reset within Privacy, it will not allow it and says "No reset was performed because System Clear service is not available."

Really disapointed... My buddy got his working by clearing cache from google apps, but that has not worked for me so far.  He was following this path:

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting/35702-help-droid-not-downloading-market.html

Would love any help I can get!  Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 20

Please remember that I don't have the phone in front of me, so it this doesn't work I'm sorry.  You can do a hard reset starting with the phone off.  That might get it to force a reset.

You can try to start it up in recovery mode.     1. Press the "x" key on the physical keyboard while pressing the power key at the same time.  2. When the triangle with the exclamation point in it shows on the screen then you need to press the volume up key and the camera button at the same time.  3. When the system recovery comes up use the d pad to move the highlighted words to wipe data/factory reset. and then press the gold key on the d pad.

These directions were actually for a Droid.  You don't have a d pad so moving around will probably be with the arrow keys and selecting will be with the enter key.  Let me know if this works.  I am really interested to know if it works or not.  Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 20

joelbon, I don't think he has a physical keyboard either.  (The "2" does, the "X" doesn't.) - Mark

DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 20

I appreciate the help and the idea, but there is no phyisical keyboard on this phone.  Have not been able to figure out a re-set method except via menu (whcih does not work).

Still stumped...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 20

Sorry, I was confused on the two phones.

DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 20

Understood...Still appreciate your help and any ideas.  Any guesses as to how I can re-set with buttons?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 20

Much easier to figure these things out when they are in your hands.  Would you consider sending it to me?  Just kidding.  lol  I really can't think of anything.  Have you tried the battery pull?  Maybe try clearing the cache on all the apps on the phone?  Do you have any apps installed at all?  If not, I wouldn't think that it would take too long to clear the cache on the apps.  It couldn't hurt anyway.