cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Views: 152
Message 11 of 20

Re: DroidX will not Download ANYTHING from Android Market...Any ideas?

If I dont get it sorted out, I'll be happy to throw it out the window...you can wait donwstairs

I have not downloaded any apps from the market...It never worked.

WIll try clearing cache on more apps.

Thanks,

MN

spiff72
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 20

I wish I could help - I just saw a post online that the user manual had leaked out, but upon reading it makes no mention of how to do a factory reset (other than the menu-based method).

I am wondering if the Droid Incredible might use a similar method (even though it isn't a Moto Phone):

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-droid-incredible/droid-incredible-guides/464002/how_to_hard_rese...

Might be worth a try...

Good luck - and I am Jealous!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 20

try powering it off, and then holding both the power and home keys. let us know how that goes

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 14 of 20

@DroidVoid

From the sounds of it you are trying to download apps while on WiFi and not while going over a wireless connection? If this is true others have reported this. Typically they have fixed it by resetting their wireless router and configured it again. This happens with all of my Android phone's within my house. If they're on Wireless they download apps fine, but if I'm on WiFi they will browse the web and search the app store but downloading apps is impossible. Once I get some free time I'll be setting up my WiFi network so I can download apps through my wireless network unactivated Android phones.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 20

Thanks to you guys for all of the help.  I somehow managed to get the market downloads to start working.  I went to manage applications and cleated cache and cleared data from all google/gmail/gtalk related items.  I also tried other random things that I saw mentioned in other posts dealing with same issues.  These included turning on and off Airplane mode, Wifi, etc.

Not sure what I did to fix it.  My problem was over 3G and Wifi, so the router is not the issue (nor did I make any changes to it).

I have not tried the hard-reset suggestion now that I've furiously downloaded the apps I needed.

I wish I had more useful trouble shooting method or fix to share, but it's still a mystery.  My co-worker was also able to fix his problem via similar tinkering.  His probelm has been solved for the moment, too.

Now I'm afraid to use any google services... If I learn anything more, I'll post again.

Thanks again fr the help.  The phone is very cool so far...

--MN

stemmers
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 20

I too got my Droid X here in NYC at the Moto party last week and have been having this same issue. I ended up putting into system restore mode by holding down the power and home keys at start-up and then chose the "clear cache partition" option and that did the trick. I can now download apps with no problems from Market. But what a pain in the a**.

DroidVoid
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 20

Thanks for the post...I got sorted out a couple of days ago, Then it crapped out again.  Today, I also did a hard re-set (using home and power keys, thanks to all who suggested that) and was able to get things gping again.  Good to know you can "clear cache partition" instead of full wipe...Didn't matter in my case, but may save some trouble others with same issue.

My contact at Moto emailed today sugesting reset via menu, but that did not work for me...Had to use butons.  Apparently, these early gift units had some SW that caused the issue...Did not affect production units for VZW.

Thanks to all who helped!  It's a great device despite the issue.

spiff72
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 20

I would be more than happy to deal with that pain in the a** if I had the privilege of getting an early copy of these phones (for free, I assume?)!!!

stemmers
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 20

Yes, not complaining on getting this device early (and gratis); rather the

fact that it didn't work right out of the box and no support to turn to.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM, spiff72 <

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 20 of 20

That's a good point. I'll reach out to our friends in marketing to see if we can have a community like this available in advance for you lucky few.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!