Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Views: 82
Message 1 of 7

Email app (Exchange Support)

My question has to do with IMAP and Exchange support using the Email application that comes with the DROID X.

Will signatures  be supported? In the DROID from version 2.0 to 2.1 there is no signature support.  Moto addressed this in a document that was published last December but nothing became of it.

I know if you have a rooted DROID there is a replacement Email app.

Can anyone answer?

Bob

Moto DROID

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email app (Exchange Support)

It does for Yahoo -- let me ask if it does for other types.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

That would be great.  I really do not want to shell out any additional money or have to use a 3rd party app to do something as simple as a signature line.

Thanks again

Administrator
Administrator
Message 4 of 7

I'm being told it's supported for e-mail in general. One of my colleagues is going to try and test it with an Exchange account specifically but he won't be able to do it until Friday. I will let you know what we find out.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Well I got my answer today.

I received my DROID X and yes it does support signatures!!  This is great. The only thing is all email accounts share the same signature and ringtone.

This is ok but I am hopeful that 2.2 will correct or add that function.

Other than that, I really like the X, just a little big in the hand, and I wish the speaker was louder.

BoB

Administrator
Administrator
Message 6 of 7

That's an interesting comment about the speaker. I was previously using an original Droid and I find this speaker much louder for music, etc. For what function are you finding the speaker too quiet -- speakerphone, music, alarms....

bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Ringers.

I have tried many..

The speaker opening on the back of the phone is much smaller the the orig DROID.

Speaker Phone is good on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it an 8.5  DROID got a 9.

Bob