Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

45 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 10

Giving Motorola the message

2011-09-06, 17:53 PM

To all forum members,

First thanks to all the volunteer moderators for all the help they provide.

I know they have helped me out a number of times.

I believe Motorola is being sent a clear message whether they are hearing it or not.

Many original members of this forum have moved on to other phones. I have recently just

recently moved to the incredible 2 myself. I can not believe that MOTO has not been aware

of all the people leaving. My experience with the new phone has been perfect. No reboots no battery pulls in 3 weeks of ownership.

I don't understand why MOTO continues to treat the X like a readheaded step child.

Hopefully Google will clean house and straighten out the mess for all the remaining X owners.

Goodluck everyone.

Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re: Giving Motorola the message

2011-09-06, 18:08 PM

My son (Droid 2) and I (Droid X) will also be ex-motorola phone owners next April when our 20 months are up. Normally I keep my phone longer than the required 2 years and I love the Droid X when it's working right. However, I am now spending way too much time troubleshooting and reading forums and other sources to determine why my phone isn't working. I am growing weary of this game. I don't know if it is Motoblur, Android, or a combination of both. I'm hoping HTC is the answer (my other son loves his Incredible) but if I have to, I'll switch to iPhone (never been an Apple fan).

Options

63 Posts

07-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2011-09-06, 18:25 PM

I hear your pain and I to will not purchase anymore Motorola products. Their lack of customer support is unbelievable. I to will be going to an iPhone. I also never imagined that I would defect to Apple. At least you have one manufacture that makes the hardware and software. Apple also has a better line of software than Android does.

Google needs to get their act together when it comes to good quality software. Google also needs to get a better grip on all the different phones out there that their OS needs to support.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 4 of 10

2011-09-06, 18:48 PM

johnfish211 wrote:

To all forum members,

First thanks to all the volunteer moderators for all the help they provide.

I know they have helped me out a number of times.

I believe Motorola is being sent a clear message whether they are hearing it or not.

Many original members of this forum have moved on to other phones. I have recently just

recently moved to the incredible 2 myself. I can not believe that MOTO has not been aware

of all the people leaving. My experience with the new phone has been perfect. No reboots no battery pulls in 3 weeks of ownership.

I don't understand why MOTO continues to treat the X like a readheaded step child.

Hopefully Google will clean house and straighten out the mess for all the remaining X owners.

Goodluck everyone.

Hoping to address problems with my X (and wishing to have a newer phone without so many problems) I moved on to an X2. At first it seemed pretty stable and in general an improvement. This weekend it started to run very slow and froze when I tried to use the camera.

A restart seemed to help both issues, but several photo opportunities and incoming calls were missed during the restart.

The people who have plain vanilla android on their phones allege greatly improved stability and speed.

This suggests that the moto personalization's are negatively impacting both.

This does not bode well for moto loyalty or new sales.

Options

2011-09-06, 19:05 PM

Never again, moto! My next phone is either iPhone 5 or the prime.

Options

233 Posts

08-18-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2011-09-06, 19:58 PM

5 looks nice. It lacks some cool Android features that I love-widgets, LED notification, but the 'it just works' feature is what I like.

Options

1028 Posts

07-16-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2011-09-06, 20:33 PM

pacostacos wrote:

5 looks nice. It lacks some cool Android features that I love-widgets, LED notification, but the 'it just works' feature is what I like.

Except when it doesn't.  The iPhone is far from perfect contrary to popular belief.  I will say, however, that their replacement and support system is excellent though in my experience.  I had an iPhone prior to moving to the X.  I still don't regret my decision but I just really don't like Apple.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 8 of 10

2011-09-06, 20:40 PM

pacostacos wrote:

I wonder if the iphone really "just works" or is the average user oblivious to it's issues?

Many moto owners seem to "have no problems" with the phones.

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2011-09-06, 22:32 PM

I think you are on to something. Soccer moms and teenage girls probably do little more than call, text and listen to music on their iphones.

If that's all I did with my X, I would say it "just works".

Then again, thinking about the 3G issues, lock-ups, rebooting.......maybe it doesn't "just work".

Options

17 Posts

10-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2011-09-07, 15:21 PM

I admit that I'm counting the weeks until my next potential upgrade in October when I can dump Moto.  I'm just not sure what I'm going to.   Got the DX last December when my hubby wanted the phone and accessories as his Christmas gift.  Didn't hurt that his Samsung Omnia had just died and we had 2 upgrades available on our 4-phone plan and the DX was a buy one get one.  I came to the DX from the wonderful HTC TouchPro II, a phone that also 'just worked', had a great slider keyboard and was Office-compatible as well.  It's only drawback was the pending end-of-life for Windows Mobile 6x.

While the screen on the DX is lovely for media and casual gaming, and the internet browser is pretty good, Android and I aren't the best of friends.  We co-existed pretty well on Froyo but Gingerbread has taken a phone that I could tolerate and made me want to drop it in the toilet, throw it against the wall or accidentally drive over it to get a replacement.  I drop 3G and 1X daily, lose calls with the 0:00 time, have to resend text messages, don't get LED notifications, camera doesn't work well and now the thing is refusing to shut off reliably.   Why should I have to buy apps to cover what the phone is supposed to do natively - answer calls, show missed calls and send text messages.   The only reliable thing about the phone is the Droidlight app to make it into a flashlight.  I have been offered a refurbished DX through Asurion and the last thing I need is the same set of problems, so I've refused.

I really want to like and support Moto phones.  My daughter's Razr is still the go-to phone when we need a temporary replacement.  Maybe not being a smartphone is why it just does its thing with no issues.  But my experience with the DX has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Hubby's DX came to Gingerbread weeks after my OTA update and he's only starting to experience some of the problems - but then again, he doesn't text much and receives more calls than he places. 

If Motorola had acknowledged the issues we've all mentioned, and bothered to really fix them instead of making things worse, I'd be keeping my DX for awhile.  As it is, I'm looking at the competition very keenly and waiting patiently for my upgrade date.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms