Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan2
What's DOS?
Views: 528
Message 1 of 5

HDMI wont connect

I have a droid X. Phone will not mirror up . I plug in HDMI cable and the home screen will not display anything on the TV. The only way I can get a display is by going to the Gallary. Loading a picture as soon as the picture is loaded a small HDMI icon appears. After touching that the pictures will appear on the screen. In no other areas on the phone will the phone mirror up with the TV. Trying to use netflix. I did this with a another Droid I had. My other Droid as soon as the hdmi was plugged in you could see the home screen on the TV.  Local verizon store says this phone will not do what I need it to do.

Please advise

Thanks

Dan

luilao
802.11n
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDMI wont connect

Yes, Verizon is right the first Droid X does not have Mirror mode capability. It's the Droid X2 that has the capability to do it. You can only play recorded videos taken by your Droid X to be viewed on HDMI. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

Check out an app called RealHDMI from GMANAPPS. It will let you see eveything on the tv. Be prepared that because The DX doesn't have mirror mode that you will not be able to see anything on the phones screen. This app will direct all screen graphics to the tv screen. You will still be able to select things on the screen, but you have to guess as to where you tap on the screen.

I have used this app and it does work, but remember there is no mirror mode on the DX. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Dan2
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

Thank you so much. Works perfect!! Watching netflix on my flat screen now!!

Have a great day!!

Dan

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

Glad that I could help. I used the app to play games and watch movies. Enjoy!

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.