cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trembelwick
What's DOS?
Views: 8,420
Message 1 of 5

Is Droid X compatible with removable SIM cards?

Hi I'm from Canada and so far there is no release date for the new Droid X in Canada yet... I was wondering if the Droid X is compatible with removable SIM cards or is the SIM card built in like Telus and Bell are? Ive searched around the internet and im having no luck so far about finding anything on the SIM cards. Any help to this question will be greatly appriciated! Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is Droid X compatible with removable SIM cards?

Well, Verizon is a CDMA carrier, so it wouldn't work on a GSM network anyway. but they also don't use SIM cards. The IMEI is registered to the user's account,

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Trembelwick
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

i dont understand what CDMA and GSM and IMEI are... honestly im no phone guy at all... mind exlpaining please?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

No Problem.

GSM and CDMA are two different standards for Cellular signal. A CDMA phone will not work on a GSM network. The IMEI identifies the phone to the network kind of like the SIM card does on a GSM network.

Basically, at least at this point the Droid X is designed to work on Verizon only. I wouldn't be suprised if there is a similar phone for other networks later on (kind of like happened with the milestone. But I don't know how long that would be, or if it would happen at all.

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 5 of 5

No SIM cards for Droid X.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!