cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kels823
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 1 of 8

Just got my DroidX - Keypad controls volume??

Hi guys.. Just got my Droid, the guy @ the Verizon store set it up for me so I'm rockin and rollin.

However, whenever I tap the 'Home' button or the 'Escape' button (the physical buttons on the phone), it adjusts my volume instead of just completing the command.  I've gone through the settings to see if I can adjust this but I can't figure it out.  Any  help at all?

Thanks so much in advance.   

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 8

Re: Just got my DroidX - Keypad controls volume??

That's weird. The home and return buttons are controlling volume? Does one go up and one go down?

First thing I would try, if you haven't, is to reboot the phone.

Does hitting the home key take you home AND adjust volume? How are you getting to home otherwise?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Kels823
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Yep, thats exactly what it does.  The Home key turns it up and the Back/Escape key turns it down.  It's super duper annoying. 

Yes it still does what I want it to do (go Home or Escape) But it controls the volume at the same time.  So say I'm typing a text and I wanna go back.  I tap "Back" and even tho it takes me out, the Ringer Volume bar shows at the top, and it adjusts.  I'll try rebooting it now.

Kels823
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

Just restarted it - still having the same problem. Bah.. I called the Motorola line and they are supposed to be calling me back.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Message 5 of 8

Kels823,

What happens if you are on a different screen besides home and you hit the Volume up key? Does it take you back home and volume up? And what about the Volume Down? If you are some where other than the home screen and you hit the Volume Down Key does it take you back?

Administrator
Administrator
Message 6 of 8

Sorry about this -- very odd. I am escalating. If you don't get satisfaction from the call back, send me a PM.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Kels823
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

I wound up having to go to another VZW store and pick up a new DroidX.  It was something buggy with my original one, so they told me I should just get a new one.  This one seems to be working fine so far.

Thank you so much for responding, I truly appreciate it!

Administrator
Administrator
Message 8 of 8

Glad you could get that taken care of. Is the MEID number in your profile for the phone you turned in? We would like to flag that phone and get it back if you know the identifying number.