cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frye
What's DOS?
Views: 758
Message 21 of 23

Re: Keyboard no longer has "return" key in messaging app.

F@ck you. F@ck the long sign up process. F@ck the fact you don't have a down shift key in texting (I don't care what "SMS" stands for). I'm going to go run over my droid and go out and buy a whole new phone from a different company. Your sh#$ sucks. Maybe next time add a down shift key considering you just lost multiple customers due to the fact everyone in my company was just upgraded with this phone

GOOD RIDDANCE
yadda_mucho
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 23

4x4van said:

Perhaps you are naive...naive enough to think that I would appreciate you telling me I shouldn't want a feature that everyone else has and that I used to have, rather than trying to answer the question of why the feature was removed.

If you asked me where you could get a good burger in the area, and my answer to you was that obesity is a problem in society and you should be eating a salad...would that answer your question?  No.  Would you appreciate my response?  I doubt it.  But that wouldn't make me naive, it would make me stupid and arrogant.  Just a thought...

View original

Great answer. Drives me crazy, not just on this forum but on many other user forums, when someone asks a question and instead of having it answered, they get a lecture on why the question should not be asked. It's a defensive and arrogant posture which treats any alert to a shortcoming in the subject technology as an attack on the product. In this case, YES, we know SMS is meant for short messages, but if a user wants to send two short words separated by a carriage return/line/interval, it should be possible without a lecture on the history and purpose of SMS. 

Highlighted
SouthHero
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 23

@house-boy49 -  Thank you very much for your response.  I had to wade through several pages of non-information before finding your very useful post.  I couldn't figure out why I could use the return button on some texts but not others.