Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdraver
What's DOS?
Views: 1,887
Message 1 of 6

Motorola Repair Services, Invalid battery / question mark battery

Hello everyone,

I created this because I want ppl to know how my experience was..

my Droid X stopped flashing LED when charging, notifications, low batt. I looked online and was showed how to do system update. I did it, my phone turned off, installed and reboot.  My notification bar was dark blue now and the UI looked cleaner.

Immidiatly  my phone said, "invalid battery, must put OEM battery" a question mark appeared on the battery icon.

so i searched online and saw that it was a common problem and decided to send my  phone for repair, under warranty

It was very simple sending it. i started a repair claim online and was told to Fed Ex my phone, it was so nice and simple. good job motorola.

when you do the repair claim you just select the problem, and thats it. they give you RMA number.

so after i sent the phone, the repair was fast and i received phone 5 days after they (motorola repair) received it.

i opened the well packeged box and saw my phone..

I WANTED TO CRY.. well not that much but i was sad..

my phone was dirty, all greesy like a mechanic doin an engine rebuild and in the middle of that started playing angry birds.

well who cares i though as long as it works. i cleaned it for half an hour and i put battery in. so i connect the charger and noticed that phone turned

on and i was so happy and then

BOOOM

question mark on battery again!

I could not believe it. i spent 60 bucks on shipping for overnight and i get a phone that is soo dirty and most importantly DOES NOT WORK.

so i called the repair reps over the phone, they were so nice and he told me that i had to send my phone in again..

I agreed. what else can I do. I payed $600 for phone with out contract and it was before update.

so do not know why it got messed up..

the rep on the phone was the best. he sent an email to me stating that shipping was paid for and all I had to do was print it out and send the phone.

so sent it two days and it arrived over there.

i hope it gets repaired.

It is in perfect condition. i could sell it like new. so i know its an internal or software.

please dont let me down Moto

YOU ARE THE BEST IN PHONES

ALWAYS THE SLICKEST.

I will keep you guys updated

so far my experience has been great.

everything nice, and easy..

i just want it to be repaired....

sdraver
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola Repair Services, Invalid battery / question mark battery

phone arrived today..

clean but same issue

should i send my battery with to the repair place so they can see i am not lying?

i feeel soo let down..

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 6

They didn't have you send the battery with the phone when you sent it in? It is a battery issue, so I would assume that they should have asked you to send the battery with it to check the battery out as well as the phone. I will flag this and see if I can get you some help.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 6

I'm looking into this. Sorry for this hassle!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
sdraver
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

so I received a call today at work from Motorola. I relayed issue and agent Dorthy was really nice.

she listened to my whole story and made me feel like she really cared.

Motorola offered help when I needed them and I am grateful.

thank you Forum because I could vent out.

thanks for the replies.

I was offered an upgrade. i was willing to pay but Motorola declined.

tomorrow we will go to Verizon store and get a phone for my girl..

and yes it will be Motorola !

I always said their cst service was great

and this just prooved it.

Carmo
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

I also have the same problem on my Motorola Defy MB525: "Invalid battery / question mark"

The problem happened 30 days after winning the guarantee, here in Brazil in the city of Juiz de Fora has no jurisdiction technique to solve the problem, already tried in other cities and also anyone know how to solve.

I have searched forum for advanced users and does not have a solution approved by Motorola, so I leave here my record that this phone was the first and last motorola product.

I see that even current products motorola still with the same problem.

I'm too old to be whining to the Supplier, if he wants my money will have to pay attention.

Please if anyone knows of a solution, I believe will be a new "ROM" Motorola,

I'm keep this phone for that one day someone find the problem and I can test it.

Thanks for your time.