Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt1892a
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 1 of 2

My Droid X Ringer Volume Randomly Increases

I have a Droid X that I have had for about a year and a half.

Never had a problem until last night when the ringer volume began to automatically increases on its own.

If I turn it down you can watch it immediately increase itself back to full volume and then it will continually chirp that its at full volume.  It's like the side button is stuck but it isn't.

I can power off the phone and even pull the battery and reboot and it will be fine for a short while and then the problem will begin again.

It wasn't dropped or anything.  I was sitting still checking Facebook when it began.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 78
Message 2 of 2

Re: My Droid X Ringer Volume Randomly Increases

Have you installed any third party applications that have anything to do with volume control settings?  To test, put your phone into safe mode, described here and then test your phone to see if the volume control still auto-adjusts itself.  If it does not, you know there is a third party application that is causing this peculiar behavior.  Don't forget that while in safe mode you cannot run any third party applications to test your volume control, so use one of the native applications for that purpose.    --- Dan