Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autonix
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 1 of 5

No Windows 7 bluetooth services for Droid X

I am unable to connect to my droid x using any bluetooth services.  I have previously been able to have audio and file transfer services work.  Removing the device and redisovering have not fixe the problem.  Any suggestions?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Windows 7 bluetooth services for Droid X

Have you been able to get this to work yet? I can try this with my X later and see if I can help you troubleshoot if not. I know that with my Razr that I have to use an app from the Play Store (Market). I use an app called Bluetooth File Transfer.

This is of course if the phone is actually connecting to the computer. I will try it with my X and my Windows 7 computer later tonight when I get home.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

I turned on my X and put it in Discoverable mode, searched for a device in Windows 7, it found the X and then installed the drivers without any problems. I then paired it with the computer. I installed Bluetooth File Transfer and transferred a picture from the X to the computer and then transferred a few songs from the computer to the X.

I wonder if you were to remove the device from the computer, reboot the computer, reboot the phone into Safe mode and then try getting the phone to connect while in Safe mode on the phone. Please let me know if this works. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

2dawson
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

I just tried it for the first time with my DroidX and my new Windows 7 PC and it worked fine. I played a song from Pandora over the PC speakers and then transferred an .mp3 file from the PC to the DX with no problem.

I just wish WiFi worked as well on my DX. Grrr....

Jim

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 5

Is your Bluetooth included in the hardware of your computer or is it a USB dongle?  If it's a USB dongle, I have found that simply unplugging the dongle and moving it to another USB port(s) has activated the driver install and made Bluetooth file transfers possible with a Windows 7, 64 bit laptop.    --- Dan