Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdibig
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 91 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

Add me to the list too.  It has been doing the reboot after shutdown since the update.  I pretty much just do a battery pull every night now.  Convenient

PaulB
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 502

My phone seems to turn itself back on when I Power off. It can be after 5 minutes or so. After it comes on, I can then Power off.

freeflow
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 502

we are getting sick of this issue.  both my wife's and my dx seem to randomly turn back on when we power it down.  we can't just turn it of and let it power down and trust it will go off.  

no, not when plugged in...

and not just when we are at home on our network extender.

I did a few abttery pulls and it seemed better, but back to not being able to turn off the phone with just one attempt

faafil
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 502

I've had intermittent episodes of this. I just turned off my phone, waited a minute, plugged it into the charger and it powered back on...

lveatch
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 502

I too am having this self power up after powering off.  Within 5 minutes, sometime within 1 minute, the phone will start back up on it's own.  This did not occur until the 2.3 update.  Most times I can just power off a 2nd time until last night, it started up a second time.

Add me to the list.

lsrothstein
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 502

I also posted this problem and was refered to this post.  Could I be added to this group, I can be informed if an answer is found?

blh-dx
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 502

I have this problem also after the GB update it is 1 of 2 minor problems i've had. The problem has not come back after I  cleared the cache ,and I formatted for SD card with my computer, I also uninstalled all the apps that I installed after buying my DX. I started reinstalling them 1 or 2 at a time after letting it sit without any apps for a day. It has been five days so far and the problem has not come back yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. 

lsrothstein
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 502

How do you clear the cache?

f38urry
WWAN
Message 99 of 502

Larry,

It is never a great idea to post all of that personal contact information on a public forum.  I'd suggest modifying your last post to remove those details.

gdibig
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 502

@ blh-dx

I flat out refuse to do all that work just because an update messed up my phone - its not like I rooted it and installed a ROM from somewhere - this was an OTA update!.  Sheesh, will all the apps I have on my phone, not to mention all of the info, pictures, documents, etc. I have on my SD - oh no way!  We're talking hours!

I'll keep pulling the battery until a fix comes out!