Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j24l99
What's DOS?
Views: 66
Message 31 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

Mine did the same thing. I shut it down last night and it rebooted right away.

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 502

After doing a factory reset it seems to have corrected my problem.  Still keeping my fingers crossed.

djosbun
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 502

I only turn my phone off when I go to bed.  Since I did the Verizon OTA update last week, the phone has restarted on its own every single night, about 5 minutes after powering off.  It also did it once during the day, when I turned it off to see if it was turning on by itself.  When the Verizon OTA update was finished, my phone locked up on its first reboot (was stuck at the red 'M'), sitting at that screen for many minutes.  I had to do a battery pull to get it to come up.  Besides this 'turning on by itself issue', i've had other issues as well- sync icon appears and will not go away unless I reboot the phone, bookmarked browser images linked to other bookmarks, and a few other nagging problems.  I just performed the cache clear (power off, power on + home button), so lets see if this clears up some of the problems.  I'd rather not do a factory reset (even though I don't really have any apps installed) since i'm a firm believer that a person shouldn't have to jump thru this many hoops when updates are released.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 502

Sign me up for this miserable club too (as well as the no LED for missed calls).

Since my OTA GB update last Friday I have noticed that when I pick up my phone to turn it on in the morning (I shut it off each night) that the phone is already powered-on. I thought that maybe I had mistakenly hit the new "sleep" button. I am not sure how quickly it turns back on because I walk away from it after I power it tdown at night. It has NOT been plugged into the wall or my computer when this occurs.

doctorA
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 502

I went to trouble of sbf back to froyo, did factory reset, then took ota again and did factory wipe again then set up phone.  Seemed to temporarily stopped restart but back again.  Seems to stop after powering down second time.  However starts again at some time later.     When phone is off if plug in charger will always start.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 502

This new "feature" on our DX's should make the airlines real happy when phones that were supposedly turned off and stowed start ringing while taxiing or in flight. Hopefully the FAA or TSA will not impose a fine on people whose phones were not truly off.

I usually just shut my phone off instead of putting it in "airplane" mode, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 502

Just an update, as well as trying to keep this topic alive: I did a power-down and battery pull (for a minute or two) yesterday and I am still having problems with my phone powering itself back on after I have shut it off.

What's next??

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 502

well after factory reset my phone did a restart again this morning.  After several days of it seemingly working, now I guess it didn't.  Only thing I did between yesterday and today is repair my phone with my car.  I guess the question is what is next but it seems Motorola either does not have an answer or cares.  I will surely not be buying another Motorola product after my whole experience with the Droid X.  Terrible customer service,  sub par products, releasing of software that is not ready for prime time use.  Unacceptable.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 502

Just the fact that Matt chimed-in to gather some information tells me that it is something they want to rectify, however, there is likely not an immeadiate fix right now. There have been plenty of other major topics in the past that I notice he conspicuously avoids like the plague.

Can Moto/VZ send out an OTA fix to address issues that have come up in GB in a timely manner? It seems like prior to this update/upgrade December was the last time an OTA was available for our phones?

witzcap wrote:

it seems Motorola either does not have an answer or cares.  Unacceptable.

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 502

jackmehoffer wrote:

Just the fact that Matt chimed-in to gather some information tells me that it is something they want to rectify, however, there is likely not an immeadiate fix right now. There have been plenty of other major topics in the past that I notice he conspicuously avoids like the plague.

Can Moto/VZ send out an OTA fix to address issues that have come up in GB in a timely manner? It seems like prior to this update/upgrade December was the last time an OTA was available for our phones?

witzcap wrote:

it seems Motorola either does not have an answer or cares.  Unacceptable.

Sometimes I think Matt just chimes in to make you feel better although alot of times I never see a fix out of it.  I would be surprised if we saw something.  I know Matt is only one person and he must have alot of other issues that he is working on, but if people are having this many problems and Matt is so overwhelmed, don't you think it would be proper customer service to get more people to help him out.  It just seems to me its him and only him and if he can get to your issue than great if not then sorry.  I just don't think Motorola has good customer service.  People buy cell phones to use them everyday and for emergency calls, plus we pay alot of money for them.  We expect them to work properly.  The shelf life on them is not very long at all either.  People don't have months for Matt or Motorola to come up with solutions or skirt around subjects.  Matter of fact has anyone even seen any updates from Matt or Motorola on issues they are working on or really admitting that they are going to fix?  I would be surprised if we saw anything.