Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpride
802.11n
Views: 66
Message 41 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

So after my FOURTH factory reset last night, before downloading any apps or adding any accounts, I shut down my phone. My intention was to remove the battery for a few minutes but I didn't get the opportunity to do this because when it powered off, I removed the AC  and it immediately booted back up again. So this is as "clean" a phone as you can get - right after a FR with nothing set up.

gambit728
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 502

My DROID X never did this while running Froyo, but as soon as I updated to Gingerbread it occasionally began restarting on its own after hitting "Power Off." It usually takes about 3-5 minutes before the phone decides to turn itself back on. I did a factory data reset and thought that it had fixed the problem only to have it start happening again. This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially when the phone needs to be OFF (airplane, important function, low battery/battery conservation, etc.). If this issue is not addressed, I do not think I will purchase another Android phone, especially one manufactured by Motorola.

patman1
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 502

Mine is restarting itself both on the charger and off. I also had done a factory reset shortly after the upgrade hoping that would fix corporate sync issues which it did not.

I know I said I'd never buy apple,but I'm finding myself reconsidering :-(

dawgdroids
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 502

Same here after about five min. back on she gose i thought GB was to help not make thing wores. First battery life now turn it off without it comeing bake whats the deal??? :<

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 502

Mine did it again before bed last night and it just did it again when I got to work.  About 5 mins after you turn it off on it comes again.  Just to keep this post alive I will continue to post just as Matt asked to hopefully get a fix for this as I find it unacceptable.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 502

I was quited P-O'd to find my phone, that I shut off before work yesterday, be on when I got back into my car 9 hours later and battery was almost dead. I tried to clear the cache yesterday and so far same stuff.

I was really hoping the GB upgrade would finally allow me to love my DX and fix the problems that I was having. It has done the opposite and I am getting tired of this thing very quickly.

I would love to have the option to revert back to Froyo through the proper Moto/VZ channels.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 47 of 502

witzcap wrote:

Sometimes I think Matt just chimes in to make you feel better although alot of times I never see a fix out of it.  I would be surprised if we saw something.  I know Matt is only one person and he must have alot of other issues that he is working on, but if people are having this many problems and Matt is so overwhelmed, don't you think it would be proper customer service to get more people to help him out.  It just seems to me its him and only him and if he can get to your issue than great if not then sorry. 

I ask for information, so on-topic responses are very helpful. We can then get the right information to the product teams. I doubt it will come as shock if I admit that these kinds of off-topic inquiries -- speculating on my motives, for example -- make it harder to get at the facts we need.

If you feel better because you've heard from me, great. I will take that too. I like talking to other owners.

I am not alone here, either. I have people and tools to help me gather detailed information. I'm just the only one who communicates with you on the public communities.

Our forums, as a source of consumer feedback, generate a significant percentage of improvements and changes that make up any software update. I personally think this is the single most influential source of consumer input. I admit that I am prejudiced.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
bobmo2324
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 502

I have had the same thing happen to me. Don't know what is up???

djosbun
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 502

Monday morning I did the wipe cache method.  The phone did not turn itself on that night!  Shocking!!!  I also tuned it off during the day yesterday and waitied 20 minutes.  Still no auto-power on!!  I was thinking "wow, i've been telling everybody how much I hate this phone for the past 11 months, so maybe I can stop doing that now!"

Wrong

Last night, after powering off the phone when getting ready for bed, it powered itself back on.

And my bookmark images STILL display different website image shots at times.

If the Droid X was an automobile, mine would have been recalled months ago.  And cars are more advanced than cell phones, btw.

f38urry
WWAN
Message 50 of 502

Matt (Forums Manager) wrote:

I ask for information, so on-topic responses are very helpful. We can then get the right information to the product teams. I doubt it will come as shock if I admit that these kinds of off-topic inquiries -- speculating on my motives, for example -- make it harder to get at the facts we need.

If you feel better because you've heard from me, great. I will take that too. I like talking to other owners.

I am not alone here, either. I have people and tools to help me gather detailed information. I'm just the only one who communicates with you on the public communities.

Our forums, as a source of consumer feedback, generate a significant percentage of improvements and changes that make up any software update. I personally think this is the single most influential source of consumer input. I admit that I am prejudiced.

Matt,

I, for one, greatly appreciate your continuing efforts on our behalf.