Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urdaddi
802.11n
Views: 76
Message 61 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

You can add my Droid X to the list for this issue.  Since the GB update, when I choose to power the phone down the phone will always reboot.   I then must shut down a second time.  This is happening while my phone is not plugged in.

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 502

Mine again, last night and again this morning.  I have also noticed that when I push the home button when it is off it seems to start the reboot, sometimes.  Most of the time it will just do it itself.  Coincidence I don't know.

hornblower
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 502

I am yet another one noticing this unwanted "auto-on" feature in GB. On an otherwise great experience in updating to GB, this is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 502

I'm not sure that I fully understand this statement? I did the *#06# thing and see the numbers, but is he saying to compare these numbers to something else on the phone or to a profile that you have set up on the Moto forums? In my profile here I only see an entry for my phone s/n.

Matt (Forums Manager) wrote:

If you don't mind, please make sure the HEX MEID listed in your profile is correct. (That's the one with letters and numbers, usually starting with A00000....) Dial *#06# on your keypad to see it.

doctorA
What's DOS?
Message 65 of 502

I was afraid of ending up being caught with dead battery and did procedure that cannot be discussed here.  This solved the reboot issue completely.  If another solution becomes available I would try it.

droidforce
Token Ring
Message 66 of 502

I have my MEID in the serial number field.  I think it is the same thing. 

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 502

Thanks for the reply. So it pertains to the Moto forums. Is this so that they can selectively send out an update to the phone?

I am also wondering if this is a straight-out Google issue or something created when Moto/VZ got their hands in the stew?

cracknut
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 502

My phone is also doing this since I updated to GB earlier this month.  Never been rooted. 

I turn it off overnight and about 50% of time it's on again the next morning.

I haven't tried to isolate the issue yet but I may after reading this topic.  I've noticed that it does shut down much faster than Froyo which will make the testing faster.

csimo
What's DOS?
Message 69 of 502

Wow, I just saw this thread and decided to give it a try.  Turned the phone off and before I got finished reading the thread my phone was rebooting.  It's not plugged in and I didn't touch it.

I have a relative with the FAA and I'm going to ask him what he thinks of such things.  Apparently no way to turn the phone off unless you pull the battery.  It's not reasonable to think most people will know to do that with a Motorola phone.

It's good to know about this problem.  I go into meetings where all cell phones are to be OFF.  Not on silent, but OFF.  It would not be good to try and explain that my phone was off but restarted on its own before it rang.  This is going to get somebody fired.  Can't wait for the lawsuits.

sparky57
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 502

Since my last post it has not turned back on at all each time I've turned it off. I did a cache partition wipe 2 days ago but it did not turn back on prior to that wipe. So it did this for a few days after GB install but seemed to stop on its own.