Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tryb
What's DOS?
Views: 68
Message 71 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

The reset happened again last night.  I turned off the phone, walked away and when I returned 5 minutes later the phone was turned on.  This time the phone was plugged in, but the surge protector wasn't turned to provide power to charge the phone.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 502

I wiped a couple days ago and my phone will still turn itself back on randomly, and not every single night or day does it happen.(maybe I'm not a very good wiper)

Jeff Santos wrote:

I did a cache partition wipe 2 days ago but it did not turn back on prior to that wipe. So it did this for a few days after GB install but seemed to stop on its own.

boss1634
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 502

your name really offends me

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 74 of 502

This is so I know I have the right MEID number. In some cases we can use that to look for information on how a phone is performing.

jackmehoffer wrote:

I'm not sure that I fully understand this statement? I did the *#06# thing and see the numbers, but is he saying to compare these numbers to something else on the phone or to a profile that you have set up on the Moto forums? In my profile here I only see an entry for my phone s/n.

Matt (Forums Manager) wrote:

If you don't mind, please make sure the HEX MEID listed in your profile is correct. (That's the one with letters and numbers, usually starting with A00000....) Dial *#06# on your keypad to see it.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 502

Thanks for the reply,

I went into the Moto forums profile for myself and changed what was in there for my phone serial number to what came up when performing the *#06#.

rlaurin1
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 502

Matt,

Can you confirm that this is a bug and not malware?  I am also seeing this issue.  Seems to boot back up about 1 minute after shuting down.  I was not plugged in to anything any of the times it has happen.  It has happened to me every day this week when I shut down my phone.

Thanks

Ray

tryb
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 502

Thank you Matt.  I  also went into my Moto forums profile and updated the HEX MEID number.

CoronaDoug
Token Ring
Message 78 of 502

I had multiple reboots while using google music last night. I switched to the stock music app and it went away. Switched back to ggole music and it happened again. The songs that were playing were on my SD card and not being streamed.

dawgdroids
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 502

I know this not that important but not right. Battery no good phone turns on and off now when it turns on and off it just beeps in a weird way no more DROID. I thought It was my speaker nut it only does it on turning on and off. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?????? WHAT WILL GO WRONG NEXT? ??

tryb
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 502

My phone is restarting nightly now and I have had an annoying loud beep noise when shutting down since the Froyo update.  I don't have the SD card notifications enabled.

It seems that these "bugs" are okay with Motorola, because I have been reporting them from the start and nothing has happened.  I also have the following cache error when performing the factory reset recovery feature.  Do I have to mention the 3G issues also?

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command