Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evildroid17
What's DOS?
Views: 68
Message 81 of 502

Re: Phone restarting on its own after I turn it off

I am having the same problem. I received my device only 3 days ago as a Certified-Like New Replacement that came with Gingerbread and new MotoBlur already preinstalled. From what I can tell, this device was rigorously tested by Verizon Technicians just days before they sent it to me since there is a sticker just above the sticker with the serial numbers, etc. that states when they tested it. Wasn't even a week ago. Any update? Does Motorola plan to address all of the issues that Gingerbread and MotoBlur have presented the past 2 weeks? This is extremely frustrating.

*NOTE: My MEID on my profile has been updated and is correct.

mstroud
What's DOS?
Message 82 of 502

I just want to say, for the record, that I too have this random reboot issue since the gingerbread SOAK test and update. I run Bootlog Uptime to keep a record of these frequent crashes and since the GB update I am averaging at least one full phone reboot per day.  These reboots were a rarity running Froyo, I should add.

If it is worth mentioning, many of these reboots happen while the phone screen is off and there is no interaction with the phone.  I know of only two occasions where the reboot happened while using music apps: Google Music or DoubleTwist.

My MEID is correct in my profile and I would be willing to provide any additional information required to help solve this issue.  I feel that the Droid X on Gingerbread is a step backward in stability and reliability and I'd hate to have to replace the phone with another brand just to get past a bad software update.

doctorA
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 502

Sad state of affairs.  I am afraid may become frustrated and jump to a 4G phone from another manufacturer just for the change from all this.  I will probably hate the battery life but that is what second batteries and chargers are for I guess.

Out of boredom today I perused online forums for the Droid X and got comfortable enough with procedures to return the phone to froyo.  Before doing this did factory reset twice and then pulled the battery.  I then did the restore of froyo and set up the phone.  Then took the OTA download again for GB and let it install.  Since then I have tested several times shutting down the phone and it has not powered itself back on.  I am hoping this will end this problem.  I still may get a 4G phone to alternate with the Droid X.

Doc

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 84 of 502

I think that some of you are posting in this thread regarding a problem with your phone that re-boots on it's own while it is already turned on? There is a massive topic that has been dealing with this for months.

This thread is addressing the problem of the phone turning itself back on after you have intentionally powered it off.

Just want to make sure that you are going to get the best advice that deals with your specific problem.

doctorA
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 502

The random reboots were well documented problem with froyo.  Powering off the phone and the phone turning itself back on is entirely different.  I think most people posting know the difference. 

witzcap
What's DOS?
Message 86 of 502

I will keep documenting my issues until we hear from Matt.  Restart last night and again this morning.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 87 of 502

I spent about a half hour on the phone yesterday with Verizon level 2 tech support, who claims that they have had no reports of the phones restarting on their own as well as the LED notification problems that I have had sine the GB "upgrade". She even put me on hold and called Motorola (on a Sunday?) and said they knew nothing either.

She wanted me to do another full wipe of my phone, again. So I did and I still have the same problems.

A few days ago I entered the window for an a phone upgrade with VZ ( I am on a 1 year contract with my DX, which may be the smartest thing I ever did). I definately will not even consider the DX2 and may hold out for the iphone 5, or buy a second-hand iphone 4 until the 5's are released. I'm even in the market for a tablet and won't consider the Xoom. People I know who have them are not impressed.

tryb
What's DOS?
Message 88 of 502

I had two restarts last night.  One less than two minutes after turning off the phone and the other about five minutes later.

jmh1
What's DOS?
Message 89 of 502

It's interesting how GB has affected different phones in different ways. It actually solved my email pull problem that I had been having for months, but caused other problems. On the other hand I don't seem to have some of the other new problems that others are reporting.

leanbarton
What's DOS?
Message 90 of 502

Froyo would occassionally reboot on its own, normally when trying to switch between landscape and portrait mode. But since Gingerbread, the reboot happens while it's sitting on my desk without being plugged in. Annoying.