cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroidXpertNot
What's DOS?
Views: 716
Message 1 of 3

Recovery of lost or deleted Droid X text files?

I heard that there is a way to recover lost data. In this case, I accidentally deleted a very important text message file! I am an aspiring writer, who has traveled for almost 2 years acquiring information. I cannot currently afford to continue, but I had obtained sufficient information for at least one book. When I discovered the transcribing feature on the text messaging function, I began texting myself the literary notes, by allowing my voice to become text content. After pressing Send, I would receive an automatic reply, with duplicate information. This means that if I texted "horse rescues cow" it would be stored as a grey speech bubble. In a few seconds, I would receive a blue speech bubble saying "horse rescues cow." However, I discovered that if I create a new contact (called Agenda) and give it a false phone number (1970), then I could send notes without receiving a duplicate message.       

After loading Facebook to the phone, the device began stalling, and it did so while I was deleting a couple of dialogue files from the list of messaged contacts in the texting list. After the first coversation was deleted, I started to remove the second one. Apparently, the conversation list did not immediately advance, in order to take up the space left behind by the first deletion. As a result, the phone must have registered my touch on the next file, which advanced for selection before it was visually obvious. I do not want to turn to a forensics expert that will charge me thousands of dollars to recover the data for me.

Is there another way please?  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Recovery of lost or deleted Droid X text files?

None that I know of, sorry.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

katemilly2
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Recovery of lost or deleted Droid X text files?

A good way is to try some android data recovery software, check out this step by step android data recovery solution which helped me last time.