Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterO
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 1 of 7

Switching from iPhone to Droid X

Hello Forum Friends,

A friend of mine (an iPhoner) is considering switching to Droid or Droid X.  She asked me if I knew of any official or unofficial guides to making that switch (transferring content, contacts, new ways of syncing, etc.)

Thought I'd throw that question down here. Can an iPhoner get some hand holding anywhere when switching to Android (in particular Droid)....or are they on their own?

Thanks for any insight. I'll hang up now and wait for my answer......

PeterO

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Switching from iPhone to Droid X

the switch as far as contacts, calendars, etc... is very easy. what OS are they using and how computer knowledgeable is this person?

the apps that they are use to having with their iPhone are most likely available on the Android store if they are a big name app or there will be a comparable app.

looking beyond the personal information transfers and apps the main thing to know is that Android unlike iPhone allows a lot of user control and so it has a LOT of options on the phone hat Apple will never allow you to have and takes some getting use ti having again.

i have the iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS and much prefer Android to the Apple OS.

i will be glad to help you.

PeterO
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Fletch....

Thanks for your reply. She's using an iMac / iTunes.

Your offer to help is most kind. Are you a Moto employee? Android evangelist? Droid fan boy? What?

Do you know if there are ony on-line or off-line guides for someone like her to make the switch from iPhone to Droid?

Thanks kindly....

Peter

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

i own more recent (less thanna year old phones) than any one person should have lol and on several different carriers and this includes al the iPhones except for the new one since i have lost my interest in them at this point. I do not consider myself a fanboy of any of them and will post what i believe to be negative comments on any of them including Moto phones if that is how i feel. I use mainly Macs in my home at at work but also have Windows machines. i have written in these forums many times about what i use and i choose solutions for Android and my Macs that cost a few dollars to purchase but do exactly what i want and keep all my stuff synced across my Windows 7 desktop, several Macs, and my iPad with no problems. unfortunately the forums here do not allow me to post links or even separate my post into paragraphs from my mobile browser which i am on so they appear lengthy and i can not correctly post links to what i use on here until get to a desktop machine but that is being fixed. I will post back with more details when i hit a desktop that allows me to have the full forum post features but i use Spanning Sync http://spanningsync.com/ to sync my calendar and contacts to gmail from my Mac's and then gmail syncs them sly to my Android phones and this works the opposite way as well so any calendar or contact put on any of my Android phones are then on my Mac and this software works great anid i highly recommend it. to sync my photos with iPhoto and music with iTunes i use Salling Media Sync http://www.salling.com/MediaSync/Mac/  there are other methods and free choices as well but these just work and after trying a lot of other methods i liked these the best and found they were worth every cent. hope that helps and i will be glad to help any any way i can. Android was the OS i was waiting for since Windows mobile just fell apart some years ago and although i did enjoy the iPhone the Android freedom to me was a dream come true.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

I forgot to mention that i do not work for Motorola but simply donate my time here to help forum members with questions and try to provide solutions when i can.

tomgillotti
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Best move EVER!!

-0pqZg&feature=player_embedded

• BE WARNED -- TNSFW. (Totally not suitable for work.)
imragtop
WWAN
Message 7 of 7

Now that was a trip.