Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 7

Two Clear System Cache Needed in Two Days since 602 Update

2011-09-01, 13:58 PM

I found out why my battery is worse with the 602 update. Appararently my phone is NEVER GOING TO SLEEP. I forget the name of the service that was keeping it awake. I think it was com.motorola.service.main. After the clear cache, it was good for a day. I took a couple of phone calls and exchanged some text messages and noticed again that my phone was warm. Sure enough, it was stuck again (100% AWAKE even when screen was off for long periods). I cleared the cache again and it has been fine overnight.

I really hope we do get another update because this one is not working too well on my phone (which had few issues with the prior 596 update).

Answer
Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Two Clear System Cache Needed in Two Days since 602 Update

2011-09-03, 3:42 AM

the "app" that caused the initial issue was a Motorola service. Clearing the cache a second time seems to have corrected the problem. I just wish they allocated more of the ram to apps and services.

As far as how to interpret the graph it seems pretty straight forward. The signal line is green when I am outside. The display line follows my phone usage as it should. The awake line should ideally track the display on or phone usage. I don't mind the occasional sliver of activity for synching contacts, news, or whatever. I understand the hit on my battery and I can set up synching to my liking. However, when the awake line is solid blue and I can cook an egg on the back cover of the phone, and a service called com.motorola.service.main indicates an awake time of 4+ hours, something is wrong!

Replies(6)
Options

325 Posts

07-21-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

2011-09-02, 12:15 PM

How are you able to tell that the phone was awake when the screen is off? I guess I don't know what you mean by "awake". There is a known issue where the phone turns itself back on after is is powered down, is that what you are referring to?

Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2011-09-02, 13:06 PM

No, the phone is awake. Go to battery usage and touch the graph at the top. It gives you a chart of signal strength, display on, and phone awake. The latter is a solid blue line indicating the phone is always awake. Ideally, the awake line and display on line should look exactly the same except for occasional tick marks where synching is occurring.

Options

325 Posts

07-21-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2011-09-02, 21:57 PM

Ah, my "awake" line is mostly off when the phone's display is off. I also have the 602 update. Perhaps you have an app that is keeping the phone awake constantly? I have not cleared the cache since I installed the update. I do power the phone down and up every morning.

Options

118 Posts

06-12-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2011-09-03, 1:25 AM

also, there is a programme called spare parts, it was what u used to see if the GPS (remeber that issue) was what was keeping the phone from going idle... give it a try, and see if in the history and lists, does it tell you what exactly is keeping the phone in coffee warming mode

brucefan42 wrote:

I found out why my battery is worse with the 602 update. Appararently my phone is NEVER GOING TO SLEEP. I forget the name of the service that was keeping it awake. I think it was com.motorola.service.main. After the clear cache, it was good for a day. I took a couple of phone calls and exchanged some text messages and noticed again that my phone was warm. Sure enough, it was stuck again (100% AWAKE even when screen was off for long periods). I cleared the cache again and it has been fine overnight.

I really hope we do get another update because this one is not working too well on my phone (which had few issues with the prior 596 update).

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 6 of 7

2011-09-03, 2:04 AM

brucefan42 wrote:

No, the phone is awake. Go to battery usage and touch the graph at the top. It gives you a chart of signal strength, display on, and phone awake. The latter is a solid blue line indicating the phone is always awake. Ideally, the awake line and display on line should look exactly the same except for occasional tick marks where synching is occurring.

Brucefan,

Where are you getting the info for interpeting this graph?

My manual says nothing about it and I have the same graph(s) as you describe.

Answer
Options

49 Posts

06-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2011-09-03, 3:42 AM

the "app" that caused the initial issue was a Motorola service. Clearing the cache a second time seems to have corrected the problem. I just wish they allocated more of the ram to apps and services.

As far as how to interpret the graph it seems pretty straight forward. The signal line is green when I am outside. The display line follows my phone usage as it should. The awake line should ideally track the display on or phone usage. I don't mind the occasional sliver of activity for synching contacts, news, or whatever. I understand the hit on my battery and I can set up synching to my liking. However, when the awake line is solid blue and I can cook an egg on the back cover of the phone, and a service called com.motorola.service.main indicates an awake time of 4+ hours, something is wrong!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms