Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ertem
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 1 of 17

X questions...

1- Is it true that DroidX will come with BLUR installed? (There is talk in the Devour area that it will. I hope this is wrong. If I can't deBLUR

that phone I would not buy it, would stick with my BLUR free Droid.)

2- Will it have that much detested Amazon MP3 thingy that you can't uninstall? It wasn't listed in the specs page, but who knows.

3- Will there be a Milestone-X? That one I would buy immediately.

mce

PS: Carthage must be destroyed, and when is Froyo coming out?  :-)

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 17

Re: X questions...

1. MotoBlecch is rumored to be installed, but can apparently be avoided or not used.

2. Not only is it likely to still have all the other pre-loaded marketing apps you know and love, but there will likely be more as they alluded to more deals (like with the NFL) during the meeting yesterday.  These are lucrative things for Verizon, so don't expect them to ever disappear.

3. Not initially.  I think the X announcement was for the US only.  But, things change faster than the tides these days.

As for the speculation on when we'll see FroYo for our Droid 1's, most are projecting late summer or later as it will likely show up first for the new phones being released.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 17

1of7627 wrote:

1. MotoBlecch is rumored to be installed, but can apparently be avoided or not used.

2. Not only is it likely to still have all the other pre-loaded marketing apps you know and love, but there will likely be more as they alluded to more deals (like with the NFL) during the meeting yesterday.  These are lucrative things for Verizon, so don't expect them to ever disappear.

3. Not initially.  I think the X announcement was for the US only.  But, things change faster than the tides these days.

As for the speculation on when we'll see FroYo for our Droid 1's, most are projecting late summer or later as it will likely show up first for the new phones being released.

If they are installinig all of this extra "stuff", not exactly the word I had in mind, they should give us 8 or more screens...seems fair to me.     Mark, during yesterday's feeding frenzy for news by everyone, I was trying to catch all of the stuff "coming off the wire", one reporter suggested that Froyo would be skipped entirely and going straight onto Gingerbread.  That reporter was on a blog and had absolutely nothing to do with Motorola, Google or Verizon.  Personally, I think he should rethink his position on that, I can't see it happening.   --- Dan

logicman
WWAN
Message 4 of 17

Not sure you guys saw this but Google has plans to discourage UI's on top of Android:  Android's "Gingerbread" To Upgrade Interface

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 17

And I certainly hope they can stop them.  I would prefer the Google experience for the 1 big benefit that the updates hit your phone in a more timely manner.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 17

Yes, I did read about that (but on a different link) when I was news scavaging yesterday.  Thanks for the post.   --- Dan

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 7 of 17

M C Ertem wrote:

1- Is it true that DroidX will come with BLUR installed? (There is talk in the Devour area that it will. I hope this is wrong. If I can't deBLUR

that phone I would not buy it, would stick with my BLUR free Droid.)

• Droid X has some Motorola widgets that will do a lot of the stuff that BLUR does, if you choose to use them. You don't have to.

2- Will it have that much detested Amazon MP3 thingy that you can't uninstall? It wasn't listed in the specs page, but who knows.

• There is an Amazon MP3 thingy in the apps tray. I had to look since I never noticed it. I don't think it can be uninstalled. Other than taking up a few pixels, what is the issue? This is a new one to me.

3- Will there be a Milestone-X? That one I would buy immediately.

• If you are asking if there will be a GSM version of this, I don't know.

mce

PS: Carthage must be destroyed, and when is Froyo coming out?  :-)

• Ancient Carthage is in ruins. If you're talking about Carthage, Illinois I'm afraid you're on your own.

Froyo is coming soon. (Don't you love that?)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 17

OOH, the dreaded "soon" word.  It will be soon enough for me.  My Droid does everything that I want except for flash and I can wait for that too.  Patience is a virtue.  Smiley Happy

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

ertem
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 17

Actually the main thing I am waiting for is 270 degree rotation.

In the car mount I would love to have the microUSB plug facing up and the buttons on the left. Then the power cord can go behind the visor. Now it just hangs down in front of the rearview mirror.

At least Moto does not have a CEO that says "Don't hold it like that..."  :-) :-)

damps
Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 17

2 questions. Looking at jumping into the data world from my V710 to the Droid X. I may just be demonstrating just how far behind I am in my phone knowledge.

1) The specs for the Droid X say it is a 3G. Exactly what does that mean with respect to the 4G system that Versizon says is coming?  Does an upgrade to 4G mean a new phone is needed or a simple software update to the Droid X? Or something other?

2) The droid X specs show the WIFI connectivity in N. For all the WIFI sites around, is there anything that offers some idea of what percentage offers N vs G or B?

Thanks, Andy