Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 83
Message 11 of 17

Re: X questions...

The Droid X will not be 4G compatible.  You won't be able to just get a software upgrade.  You would have to get another phone if you want to upgrade to 4G service.  4G won't be widely available until 2011 and 12 anyway.  I live in the country so I don't expect to see it til 2013.  The current 3G network will stay in place until 2018 and maybe as long as 2020 according to Verizon.  Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

AuntKris
WWAN
Message 12 of 17

I saw a Droid X in action the other day as a Verizon Employee had a pre-release one.

I specifically asked her if the contacts rotated appropriately when you turn it into landscape mode.  IT DOES!!!! :-)  W00t!!

Because there is no keyboard everything rotates when you turn it landscape.  Even the home screen! :-)

IS IT THURSDAY MORNING YET?!  (i'll be at the verizon store at least an hour before open.  My friend that's coming with me is going to hate me but it'll be okay...he'll be happy that he got an X.)

Administrator
Administrator
Message 13 of 17

I don't see the homescreen rotating on mine (I am not on release software yet) but most of the other applications do.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
AuntKris
WWAN
Message 14 of 17

I could have sworn hers did but I could be wrong.  I know definately that the contacts rotated properly. I'm just hoping I get to the store early enough to beat a line. I know my friends think i'm obsessed. >.>

ertem
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 17

"I'm just hoping I get to the store early enough to beat a line."

But why???? Verizon will be there next week. And the week after that.

As Steve Jobs may or may not have said, "It is just a phone. Not worth it."

http://www.edibleapple.com/steve-jobs-relax-it-is-just-a-phone-not-worth-it/

AuntKris
WWAN
Message 16 of 17

Because I'm a tech junkie and now that I want it I don't want to have to wait 5 weeks because it's back ordered.

I called the verizon store and they said they are getting about 20 - 30...there is 2 other places within a 1 mile radius to that store to get the phone so i'm "hoping" most people will go to the other stores.

The verizon rep also told me that they are opening at 8am NOT 9am like they originally planned.  I have already called my friend and I will be standing in front of the store at 6am.  I REALLY want this phone.  I can bring my Verizon Netbook or even just use my first gen Droid to entertain me for the two hour wait until they open.  Plus being crazy sometimes is fun. :-)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 17

According to an FAQ in the help section the car mount for the Droid X will have a USB port on the front of the mount itself so we won't have to mess with the USB cord any more.  I don't know if that will work better for you or not, but you could now string the cord any way you want and not mess with it anymore.  That might help you.  That is if you get the X.

ertem wrote:

Actually the main thing I am waiting for is 270 degree rotation.

In the car mount I would love to have the microUSB plug facing up and the buttons on the left. Then the power cord can go behind the visor. Now it just hangs down in front of the rearview mirror.

At least Moto does not have a CEO that says "Don't hold it like that..."  :-) :-)

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.