Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

325 Posts

07-21-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 46

Re: You guys here have me concerned.

2011-09-02, 12:08 PM

If you need calendar notifications that work reliably, look elsewhere.

Options

538 Posts

08-27-2010

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 12 of 46

2011-09-02, 13:26 PM

Consider that you are looking at a Motorola Support Forum and that many of the posts have to do with people having problems with their phones.  I enjoy participating in this Forum however, as far as this Forum is concerned, I'm in the minority because I've had a DX that has performed very well for me since Day 1 of the release with some minor bugs from time to time, but no major issues at all.  I've been very happy with my purchase.  What percentage of good DX's versus dysfunctional DX's, nobody knows for sure and other brands have their issues as well if you look at some of the other forums.

Having said that, I think I agree with f38urry as far as buying a used DX...buyer beware.  The phone has been out for 13 and a half months now.  I would think that people that have a good DX that is behaving without any major issues are probably hanging onto their phones for now, unless they absolutely have to have the latest and greatest.  People that have a buggy DX (as documented in this forum) are more likely to be the ones that are putting theirs up for sale IMHO.

Options

726 Posts

08-21-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 46

2011-09-02, 13:52 PM

OK, heres my 2 cents:  I love my DX, I really do ...  I really have had no issues at all, but i also consider myself a pretty good troubleshooter coming from a IT Systems background. And seems with THIS device you need to be somewhat computer savy because of the flexibility it offers unlike the iPhone. Every time I've had a problem, it was an APP that introduced it. The only "annoyance" I have is with the Auto-Power-Backup after Shutdown issue.  Oh, and an APP issue with Google NAV (screen dimming annoyance since GB) that Google claims they will eventually fix (but that's an APP issue, not DX-centric).

That all being said, if it were ME buying a phone, I'd wait and buy a 4G compatible phone.  Do your research on which ones are 4G capable. That's my next phone when my every-other-2 comes up (if they still offer that). Not sure if the Bionic or Inc offers that .. haven't done any research yet.

And as far as these forums -- yea, I think you'll see mostly people with complaints & issues here so it could sway opinions to the negative side of things. I personally know 5 people with the DX that do NOT have any problems at all and don't particpate in these forums.

so that's my opinion & I'm sticking to it.   :-)    YMMV

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 46

2011-09-02, 14:46 PM

Reading between those lines, if you don't have an IT background, you aren't smart enough to troubleshoot this phone? Computer savvy? I use one everyday? You give this phone way too much credit. It's track record speaks for itself.

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 46

2011-09-02, 16:11 PM

Thinking about the "computer knowledge" comment. I know computers, hardware and software. What you need to use this phone is the ability to be a mind-reader and predict the apps that are, or will, cause conflicts. I like the phone, too. But, some of you out "fanboy" the iphone fanboys in your refusal to acknowledge this phone's warts.

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 16 of 46

2011-09-02, 16:40 PM

I am not employee and don't own stock either. If you have read more of my comments on here than you would know that I hate Motoblur. I have no problem saying when there is a problem with my phone either. There are no smart phones that are sold today that don't have problems. The real answer is to find a phone that has bugs that you can deal with.

I answered the original poster's question with how I really feel. If you don't like the answer that is fine. My opinion here is no more important than anyone else's opinion. You can take it or leave it.

I do see, though, that there are a few other people that have the same opinion that I have. Why aren't you asking them if they own stock or are employees?

And, yes, my intentions have always been sincere in just helping people out. I get a high when someone that has a problem and fixes that problem with my help. It is just fun and makes me feel good.

swdallas2010 wrote:

joelbon, I am sure your intentions to assist folks are sincere. But honestly, do you own stock in Moto or work for Moto? You have an attitude that is so pro-Moto, I tend to tune you out. It blew me away that you (almost) admitted that there have been plenty of issues with the X.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 17 of 46

2011-09-02, 17:49 PM

+1 here Joel

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 46

2011-09-02, 17:55 PM

Your efforts are commendable. I give you that.

Options

118 Posts

06-12-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 46

2011-09-03, 1:56 AM

joelbon wrote:

My wife is using the Droid X and has no real problems with it. My Sister and her husband are in the same boat. There are some issues here and there, but it really isn't that bad. I am not saying this to get you to buy a used X, but to let you know that there are people that don't have a lot of problems with it.

There are some serious problems that I have seen right here in this community. I also will not and cannot tell you when or if there is an update coming. Motorola is very tight lipped when it comes to this information. It would really be nice if they were a little more open on the release of update information. It is what it is and at the present time this is what we have.

I do believe that there will be an update to fix these issues. That is just my opinion though.

I don't want to tell you either way on what I think that you should do, because I have seen a lot of problems after Gingerbread was released. I did want you to be aware that there are a lot of people, though, that don't have any major problems. Hope this helps.

but are they still on froyo, as my coworkers are, because i sugested to them, to NOT take the update, (and they have NOT been prompted once.)

do you realize there are those of us that DO NOT have a house phone, and actually use this device. not the casual texter and caller.... we are the ones finding these problems...

how many of the Xperts play media, as in 3+ hours at work? how many Xperts take pictures, at night? how many Xperts understand what onCreate() onResume() onPause() even means. how many Xperts understand basic X,Y,Z calculations used to plot locations and speed of orbiting space objects (GPS works only when holding it upside down??? really? that bug made it out the door????)

i have been doing this geek "stuff" since the early 80's,  so i may have a little background, and enjoyment from learning about what i use. i have not enjoyed butting heads with my phone and fanboys. be realistic, the OS update is FLAWED by no fault of my own.

Options

118 Posts

06-12-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 46

2011-09-03, 2:13 AM

and this reply is not directed to those that are saying yes there is a problem, its for the ones that insist that this beta droidX phone is the bees knees

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms