Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: You guys here have me concerned.

2011-09-03, 14:45 PM

I have read a lot of posts on here and other Moto forums (X2, D3) and I'd have to say that joel is proably the best and most even keeled MotoXpert on the forums.  He gives good advice and is always polite and respectful unlike some of the other MotoXperts on these forums.  I have found a few that seem just downright rude and condescending in their posts and replys.  I mean, if they get so worked up that they can't respond in a polite manner and they are aren't being paid to be here then maybe they shouldn't be.  I think they could all take a lesson from joel.

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 32 of 46

2011-09-03, 14:50 PM

No disrespect, but you might get more of a reaction to your post if you started a new discussion instead if hijacking this one.

Options

538 Posts

08-27-2010

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 33 of 46

2011-09-03, 14:58 PM

swdallas2010 wrote:

Don't feel like you have to be apologetic because you've have a good experience with your X. Not putting words in your mouth, but that's the vibe I get.

There must be plenty of stories like yours, or word would get around that this phone was Moto's Edsel (Google that, young folks).

Can't say my experience matches yours even remotely.

I just like to express a counterpoint every now and then.  BTW, I'm old enough to know what an Edsel is without Googling it!  I think your problem is in you live in swdallas (I'm assuming)...you need to move to where I'm at in NE Fort Worth (NRH)!

Options

538 Posts

08-27-2010

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 34 of 46

2011-09-03, 15:01 PM

Buffalo wrote:

Sorry Eric. I'm with the poster from Texas.

Rick:

Are you kidding.  After all you've been through, you are the last one that needs to say "sorry".  I can't believe you've stuck with Moto as long as you have.  How many is it now...6, 7 phones?  Also, I'm in North Richland Hills, TX so swdallas and I are practically neighbors!

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 35 of 46

2011-09-03, 15:29 PM

It's not important, but I'm north of Dallas. The user name is outdated, hence the 2010.

Not following on the hijacking, buffalo. Threads often go off on tangents to make a point.

Bringing this one back to the OP, I would say that this is a good phone.

Mine has had more than its fair share of issues, whether they be app-related, Blur-related, or as some may insinuate (user-related due to a lack of "computer knowledge"). For that reason, I don't trust it.

Would you put yourself in a life-or-death situation and feel safe with this phone being your only source of communication with the rest of the world? I wouldn't.

Doesn't mean it's not a good phone. As a "second" phone, and that's what it is for me, it's fine.

You just don't pay what we paid for this phone and expect to get the experience I know I have.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 36 of 46

2011-09-03, 15:50 PM

swdallas2010 wrote:

It's not important, but I'm north of Dallas. The user name is outdated, hence the 2010.

Not following on the hijacking, buffalo. Threads often go off on tangents to make a point.

Bringing this one back to the OP, I would say that this is a good phone.

Mine has had more than its fair share of issues, whether they be app-related, Blur-related, or as some may insinuate (user-related due to a lack of "computer knowledge"). For that reason, I don't trust it.

Would you put yourself in a life-or-death situation and feel safe with this phone being your only source of communication with the rest of the world? I wouldn't.

Doesn't mean it's not a good phone. As a "second" phone, and that's what it is for me, it's fine.

You just don't pay what we paid for this phone and expect to get the experience I know I have.

Although the GB fix greatly improved my X experience, I moved on to the X2, because I could get a newer phone at no cost.

After the GB fix, my wife is back in love with her X.

If (when?) I upgrade to one of the new 4g phones, she will likely inherit the X2.

That is, unless she has to have the same phone as me, which she will.

Options

201 Posts

12-12-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 46

2011-09-03, 16:28 PM

Joel needs no defending. I was kidding calling him a Moto homer.

But, I completely agree with your other statements. In this forum and others, there are many "experts" that must be delusional enough to think people are just making up these issues, OR that people are intellectually inferior, less they figure it out for themselves (like they did).

Where was the disclaimer before I purchased this phone saying:

"3rd party apps may render this phone a buggy and glitch-filled device. Each subsequent software update MAY also render the phone similarly buggy, due to said apps. Be expecting to spend countless hours troubleshooting, reading forums and researching to keep your phone in a useable state. Be prepared to wipe all your phone data for said troubleshooting, when software resets are needed. Be prepared to have your 3G connectivity drop in and out. Be prepared for lock-ups, rebooting and battery pulls, usually at the most inconvenient times".

Other than that, it's a good phone.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 38 of 46

2011-09-03, 16:33 PM

swdallas2010 wrote:

Joel needs no defending. I was kidding calling him a Moto homer.

But, I completely agree with your other statements. In this forum and others, there are many "experts" that must be delusional enough to think people are just making up these issues, OR that people are intellectually inferior, less they figure it out for themselves (like they did).

Where was the disclaimer before I purchased this phone saying:

"3rd party apps may render this phone a buggy and glitch-filled device. Each subsequent software update MAY also render the phone similarly buggy, due to said apps. Be expecting to spend countless hours troubleshooting, reading forums and researching to keep your phone in a useable state. Be prepared to wipe all your phone data for said troubleshooting, when software resets are needed. Be prepared to have your 3G connectivity drop in and out. Be prepared for lock-ups, rebooting and battery pulls, usually at the most inconvenient times".

Other than that, it's a good phone.

How do your really feel?

Options

2011-09-03, 18:42 PM

All I was doing was making a point that someoe else started and in no way was trying to start an argument here.  To the OP...From what I know, the X seems to be a bug filled device that many people are getting steered away from.  My advice, from what I know, is to not get an X or possibly even an X2.  It seems that if you are going to go with a similar phone then go with the DINC2.  Persoanlly I would say wait for a 4G phone.  If you are loyal to MOTO phones and want to stay that way, then I recommend going with the Bionic or waiting a little longer and getting the Motorola Droid HD.  If you are not brand loyal to Moto there are many other options out there such as the Nexus Prime and the HTC Vigor.  Both have very solid specs and either would probably serve you well for quite sometime.  Of course the Prime would be stock Android with ICS and get future updates first.  Also, by getting a 4G phone, even if 4G isn't yet available in your area, you future proof your phone for when 4G is available where you live.  Also, I don't know how into custimizations you are, but an unlocked bootloader may need to be a requirement for phone purchases because your phone can continue to receive "updates" after the EOL for your device.  All in all, I am sure you will make the right decision for you both based on needs and price.  Of course you could always wait til early next year and see what quad core offerings might come around.  But what do I know?  I'm new here and don't even have an Android.

Options

118 Posts

06-12-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 46

2011-09-04, 17:34 PM

get off my lawn,

*rips off mask*

i would have been able to use my phone ..if it wasn't for you damn kids

does the fact i feel like 80 count?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms