Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fourbg
What's DOS?
Views: 201
Message 1 of 6

1.3.418.MB870.Verizon.en.US

I cannot get my phone to update to this newer version.  I keep getting told that my phone is up to date, but the software version is 1.3.380.mb870.Verizon.en.us.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: 1.3.418.MB870.Verizon.en.US

According to this notice by Verizon, this update is coming soon. It isn't released yet that I know of. Who told you it was released?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Fourbg
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Wow, I should have read this Verizon page.  My "source" was one of the Verizone customer service representatives.  I was having trouble with my phone and one of the questions on their script was if my phone software was updated.  I wasn't sure so told him what my phone showed, and he said this is the current version so just update my phone.

I feel foolish for trusting that answer so implicitly.

Thanks for pointing out the solution!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

You are welcome. Don't feel foolish. The CS agents just go by what their computers say and if that info is wrong than they give out bad info.

The software version that you give in the OP is going to be the next update, but it just hasn't been released yet. I can't give you a date of when it will be released, as I don't know. It could be tomorrow or 2 months from now. You should definitely see someone here post about it when it happens, though. Glad that I was able to help you from hitting that System update setting. Smile

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

kevinkar
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Isn't that link for the X2?

The last posted update for the X is http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid_x.html (4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US).

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6

kevinkar said:

Isn't that link for the X2?

The last posted update for the X is http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid_x.html (4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US).

You are correct. The OP actually has an X2 and saw that in the profile when you hover over their user name. That is why I listed that page instead of the one for the X. Thanks for pointing this out. I will have to get this post moved to the right community. Thanks again.