cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_dozier
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,738
Message 1 of 2

Aux cable with inline controls (a/k/a "remote")?

Probably a stupid question and I think I know the answer (answer: no), but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere after spending some time Googling...

Is there a way to use a male-to-male auxiliary cable with inline controls (a/k/a an inline remote) to control music apps on my Droid X2?  I want to plug such a cable from the phone to my car's aux in jack and be able to control the tracks in Google Music.  Other music apps (e.g., Songza, Spotify, Pandora) would be helpful to control as well but I would definitely settle for just Google Music working!  I don't want to order a cable from Amazon just to find out it doesn't work... any help would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,738
Message 2 of 2

Re: Aux cable with inline controls (a/k/a "remote")?

From what I have seen and also talking to my son (who has an X2) he has a set of wired headsets and the only thing that he could do was to pause and play the music. He couldn't control the tracks. I can't say for sure that there isn't a pair that would work, but I know he hasn't been able to get it to work. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.