Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMBower
What's DOS?
Views: 2,620
Message 1 of 4

Battery life (memory?) issue with Droid X2

I have a 1.5 year old Droid X2. Up until now the battery life hasn't been stellar, but has last most of the day with moderate use. I have not changed anything recently, and charge on OEM chargers at work and home and car. Nothing has changed about the charging routine or any other factor I can think about. The phone hasn't been damaged ether. 

However, all of a sudden it seems to be charging only a little while, and then is suddenly at 100%. However, if I use it, it drops back down to 0 very quickly (like less than 10 minutes of website browsing). If I leave it on the charger all night, it still has the same problem, and I have the issue no matter which charger I use. 

It's like the old days of rechargable batteries that got a "memory" in which they thought they were fully charged when they'd only charged a portion of their capacity. Does this happen with cell phone batteries? If not, any idea what's going on?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery life (memory?) issue with Droid X2

Sounds like the battery is at end of life. You probably need a new battery. Those are pretty cheap as well. You can find them on Amazon for uner $10. Amazon link There is one example. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 4

It's not exactly like the old days, but over time any rechargeable batteries lose capacity. 300-500 full charge cycles is the usual life expectancy of a rechargeable battery. Most people start noticing degraded performance after a year or so. But there is no "memory" per charge like there used to be. It may just be time for a new battery

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
JMBower
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thanks guys, much appreciated!