Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyitty
What's DOS?
Views: 801
Message 1 of 2

Calendar Events Disappear

Okay, so I've been having issues with this for months. It's starting to become aggravating. I'm using an unaltered (not cracked, no custom ROMs, etc) Droid X2.

Android: 2.3.4

System version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-00005

Build: 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30

Anyways, the built in calendar is constantly deleting appointments. It will literally delete them 2 seconds after I save them. It's to the point where I have to fill in the details of an Appointment a minimum of two times every single time. Recurring appointments don't delete themselves. But appointments that only occur once disappear instantly.

Yesterday for example I had to input an appiontment 4 times before it finally stuck. After saving it I then re-opened it, hit Edit, and made sure all the details were still there. I then re-saved it and closed the calendar. Opening the calendar again (right away) it was already GONE! The 4th time it finally stuck. This was yesterday. Today, looking at my phone right now the appointment in question is missing AGAIN.

I'm also noticing that whenever I open the calendar it always shows me a date from like 2 months ago. So it will not open to the current month/week/day. This has always been the case.

What gives?? Should I just install an Aftermarket calendar from Google Play (Android Market) or what?

BizSAR
What's DOS?
Views: 801
Message 2 of 2

Re: Calendar Events Disappear

Hmmm...this sounds like it could be a synchronization issue. If you insert a calendar item from the GMail website, does it show up on your phone? Do you wish to synch your phone calendar to your Gmail calendar?

When you open the calendar on your phone, in the upper left, does it say "all calendars"? If so, click on that and deselect the 'phone calendar'. This will then only show you the Gmail calendar. See if that works.