Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MB-Tuner
What's DOS?
Views: 5,940
Message 1 of 7

Contacts force close every time

Unable to dial from contacts. As soon as any contact is selected "The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. 

Exactly the same in safe mode

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contacts force close every time

If you're rooted, make sure you didn't freeze the following items:

blur_activesync.apk
blur_email.apk
blur_facebook.apk
blur_yahoo.apk

Doing so will cause the contacts to force close anytime you try to open a contact.

If not, you probably need to have the phone reflashed barring any other issues.  Sometimes the data can be corrupted under special circumstances (bad sector forming on the eMMC).  It's rare though.

MB-Tuner
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Thank you! 

George

Rook
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

It is hotmail...had the same problem, hunted down that it started after the hotmail update to outlook.   Uninstalled and presto, my contacts were back.

naturallyfabulo
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Thank you, Rook! I started having this problem on my Photon. After receiving a replacement device, doing a factory reset and still getting the same problem tech support was stumped and Motorola support couldn't offer them any help. The Sprint rep had me google it and I came across your reply. I uninstalled the hotmail app and voila I could access my contacts again!!!! 

Rook said:

It is hotmail...had the same problem, hunted down that it started after the hotmail update to outlook.   Uninstalled and presto, my contacts were back.

View original

Rex82
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Updated 19 apps at once. Thanks it was hotmail. Saved me a ton of trial and error.
W1ngnut28
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

I did this but instead of freezing i uninstalled. How do i get the stock programs back if i did not back them up? And how would i reflash? Do i send it into motorola for such a thing?