Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOH36
What's DOS?
Views: 5,907
Message 1 of 8

DROID X2: LG HBS-700 Bluetooth disconnecting

I was recently given a LG HBS-700 Bluetooth headset which I love but I have been having problems a few times a day with it disconnecting while I listen to music. After it disconnects it will be silent then my music will blare out the phone which I hurridly pause/mute so not to disturb my co-workers and get in trouble with my boss. Sometimes it will re-connect on its own or I manually turn off the headset and turn back on and it will be fine. It maybe happens twice a day. It has even happened while on a call before but not alot which I dont talk alot on the phone. I use it pretty much all day while at work. I have asked LG support about it but they have 'no known issues' and suggested I check with Motorola to see if this phone should be compatible with the headset. Has anyone here heard of this problem or can give me suggestions? Im hoping someone with Motorola will see this and help also. 

LOH36
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: DROID X2: LG HBS-700 Bluetooth disconnecting

Can anyone please reply to this? This problem is still happening. It has already happened twice in the last hour while listening to music at work.

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Your best bet would be to use a wired headset for music.  Bluetooth is definitely spotty on the X2, and I don't believe we'll see a patch to address that.  My original Droid plays music through Bluetooth better than my X2, and that's pretty sad.

LOH36
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Jason for your reply. That's a shame that your original Droid is better than the X2. I used to use the wired headsets til I got this....that was the whole purpose to get away from the wires. I wished there was a solution.Frown

GUANOPSYCHOTIC
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

if you'removing around between differing radio waves, your headset is probably being hijacked.

my hbs-700 get's hijacked regularly by other truck drivers talking on their bluetooth headsets while i'm passing them or they're passing me.

i have mine paired tomy XOOM and everytime i get a notification arrives, my music stops for about 4 seconds but it comesback on in the same place.

one thing i have to say is the sound quality of the bluetooth headset and streaming verizon music blows away any other music listening experience i've ever had.

Highlighted
LOH36
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 8

Thanks GUANOPSYCHOTIC. Actually, when this happens I am sitting at my cubicle at a computer. I never see anyone else in the room or adjoining rooms wearing a bluetooth so it doesnt make much since. I work in a doctor's office entering data all day. 

Yes, the sound quality is great. Just wished it would quit disconnecting so I would quit disturbing my co-workers when my music blars out the phone. Undecided

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

Well just remember that Bluetooth operates on the 2.4GHz frequency, so any wireless routers using the 2.4GHz spectrum can interfere (many are set to automatically move from a crowded channel though). Same with microwaves and other equipment.

I still think the Bluetooth could be way better on the X2.
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 8

Please try this:  Delete your pairing on your phone and erase any paring information on your Bluetooth device if that is an option on that unit.  Power down your phone, do a battery pull for at least 3-5 minutes.  Replace your battery, power up and then repair your BT to your phone.  Please report back to the forum of your findings.    --- Dan