cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 5,674
Message 11 of 19

Re: DROID X2 won't stop rebooting (can't use phone)

null

Doesnt help.

The battery is so low, every time the device gained some battery it tries to start and this fails. so it turns off again and will not respond to the power button.

View original

So at this point, it's your battery that's preventing you from rectifiying the problem with your phone.  Have you tried this with the phone plugged into the OEM A/C charger and/or the USB to computer charge?  You must have a minimum amount of battery power to complete this operation.    --- Dan

mitchiru
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 19

Yet I have tried it only with the USB to computer charge but will try it with the AC charger.

Thanks for the promp and helpful advide!

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 19

null

Yet I have tried it only with the USB to computer charge but will try it with the AC charger.

Thanks for the promp and helpful advide!

View original

You're very welcome.  In the worse case scenario regarding the battery, you should be able to pick one up on Amazon.com for an extremely reasonable price and they generally come with at least 40-60% charge in them, certainly enough for you to perform a factory data reset on your phone and hopefully get you out of that infernal boot loop!    --- Dan

Gerry4
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 19

So I've read many places that the factory reset doesn't work.  Nevertheless, I will try it.  However, since my X2 continues to reboot constantly I can't use the "Preferred Method".  When I use the "Alternate Method"  all I get is the "Fastboot" and it stops for up to an hour.  What next?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 19

Can you do anything on the fastboot menu? Can't you scroll through the menu? Select the recovery option? What exactly does it do or not do when you are on the fastboot menu?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Gerry4
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 19

When I hold the Power and Low Volume buttons the phone starts up with the Motorola red logo and the words fastboot menu come on at the top of the screen.  Then it just sits there for at least an hour (I haven't tried waiting longer than that).

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 19

You don't get any kind of a menu? there should be a menu that you can scroll through using the volume down key. When you want to select an option than you use the volume up key. Let me know if your is different.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Gerry4
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 19

Correct, I get nothing but a black screen with fastboot printed at the top.

I have pretty much given up.  I have had 3 Motorola phones in the past, going back to flip phones.  All three of them have had a problem which Motorola either doesn't know how to fix or denies knowing about, even though the problem is posted all over the web.  I have ordered an HTC replacement phone and won't be buying Motorola anymore.

angrycusty
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 19

I have been having this same issue.  If the battery goes completely dead and the phone shuts off, it goes into this loop.  The phone works fine and has no issues if you never let it go dead.  Here is my scenario:

1: Battery went to 0% overnight

2: Connect to charger

3: Charge light comes on, phone powers up, says "Droid"

4: Battery charge indicator shows that it's not plugged into a charger and prompts me to connect it to a charger (it is)

5: Battery dies again, goto step 3

EDIT:  I used motorola's Live Assistance and chatted with a rep.  They are sending me a new battery free of charge.  I hope that does the trick.  I'll post back when I get the battery and try it out.