cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0pusX
What's DOS?
Views: 6,576
Message 1 of 13

Does everyone's camera take like 6-8 seconds to "open" ??

When I tap on the icone to open my camera its a good 6-8 seconds before the camera opens fully and is ready to take a picture.

Is this normal??

I have done several resets and nothing imporves it.

arborij
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 13

Re: Does everyone's camera take like 6-8 seconds to "open" ??

Mine does this as well.  It has done this since it was new. Both my tablet and previous phone had similar delays. I figured that it was simply the time it takes to turn the device on, and switch from the phone mode.

0pusX
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

I never remember my orig DX or Droid being that slow. My current iPhone 4S takes 3 seconds to open and be ready. Iwas hoping the new Razr was faster.

prj
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13

I just tried mine.  It took 3 seconds.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 13

Mine only takes about 3 seconds to open and be ready. It does sometimes take 5-6 seconds to actually take a picture after i press the shutter button, but it opens is a timely manner.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

arborij
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

I played with my camera a few more times, and it seems the three seconds is the average for me.  I also find that pressing the shutter button initially, the camera will work to focus before taking the photo.  I believe you may be able to simply tap the button, and the delay will be minimized.

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13

You can manually move the targeting square to force the camera to focus and set the exact area for focusing.

Imagine if the camera app didn't have an ODEX file. It'd take even longer to open. But yeah, Motorola should fix this and move to an improved Linux kernel. 2.6.32.9 is pretty old. Gingerbread should've been on 2.6.35.x. Shame.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 13

I was at the zoo the other day and noticed that when I turned my flash off that the camera took pictures quicker. I was starting to take pictures within 1 or 2 seconds. Can anyone confirm this on their phones? I thought that was sort of a strange way to be able to take faster pictures.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

jonhan
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13

Yes, I also noticed this. I assumed it was quicker due to no flash cycle.

I must say the camera is the only disappointment to me on the X2.

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

I've noticed that too. Flash takes a bit longer, but pictures are easier to get motion blur without it (usually indoors with lower lighting - true for any digital camera). The steady shot scene setting does help a bit.

Also, on a fresh reboot, the camera does take around 6 seconds to load. However, on subsequent uses, it's half that time as it's cached in memory.