Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandi1953
What's DOS?
Views: 185
Message 1 of 9

DroidX2 Question - Accts. & Sync Settings

Newbie with Motorola DroidX2.

I went to Menu,  Manage Apps, then Manage All Apps, then Accounts & Sync Settings.

I cleared the cache, and then pressed on "Clear Data".

Did I make a mistake by doing this, possibly deleting something I shouldn't have?

Thankyou in advance!

BizSAR
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: DroidX2 Question - Accts. & Sync Settings

Hi Sandi1953!

That from what I can tell, you simply cleared your synchronization settings with your e-mail accounts. You may have to set that back up in your accounts. I don't think you lost any real valuable data. You just might have to re-configure your accounts and synch on the phone.

What prompted you to do this? Were you having e-mail or other account issues?

Sandi1953
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

<<What prompted you to do this? Were you having e-mail or other account issues?>>

Well, I was trying to figure out, why all my accounts' mail did not show up in Universal Inbox.  Only AOL emails and Text Messaging texts. 
 I have Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL set up in "MyAccounts" and the notifications for all of their email would come through on the status bar up top, but no emails, (other than AOL's), would show up in Universal Inbox.  I hope I am making sense!

Thankyou!

BizSAR
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

You do make sense. Smiley Happy

Looking at my phone, I don't see a way to add GMail to the Universal Inbox. I only have Text messaging, Facebook and Twitter in mine, even though I have several other accounts set up. Perhaps the other services aren't meant to work with the Universal Inbox. When you open your apps and click on 'Messaging', what shows up there besides the Universal Inbox? I'm betting AOL and Text Messaging.

So try this: when you go to your apps and choose 'Messaging', click on the left-most button and choose 'Edit Universal Inbox'. Are there any accounts there where the boxes are not checked?

Sandi1953
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

<<So try this: when you go to your apps and choose 'Messaging', click on the left-most button and choose 'Edit Universal Inbox'. Are there any accounts there where the boxes are not checked?>>

The only ones there are "Text Messaging" and "AOL", and both are checkmarked in the green boxes. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
BizSAR
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Glad to help, but wish you could get all your messages in one place.

I did notice that you can set up a regular "E-Mail" account, maybe that can be added...is that how you added AOL? In that case, I guess it can't be added to the Universal Inbox either. Not very "universal", is it. Undecided

Sandi1953
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

Yes, that is how I added AOL, by setting up a regular email account.  I appreciate your help so very much!

Thankyou!!  Smile

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 9

BizSAR said:

You do make sense. Smiley Happy

Looking at my phone, I don't see a way to add GMail to the Universal Inbox.

If you add your Gmail account to the Email icon than your Gmail will go to the universal inbox. There isn't a Gmail icon, but using the Email option will take care of you in this matter. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Sandi1953
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

Okay, I figured it out!  How to add all my mail accounts so they show up in the Universal Inbox: 

Click on the EMAIL icon in Applications, rather than just the icons for Yahoo or Gmail.  I have those, too.  

But they weren't showing up in Universal Inbox, UNTIL I added them manually by going to the EMAIL icon in Applications and then inputting them.

The reason that only AOL showed up in my Universal Inbox was that I added it manually, as I did not have a separate icon in the Applications folder for AOL, like I do for Yahoo and Gmail.

Again, hope I am making sense!

Thankyou all for your help!  Smiley Happy