zbreeze02
802.11n
Views: 97
Message 21 of 25

Re: East/West Flipped in Google Map Apps

JBass said:

A similar discussion is in progress in the Razr zone:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5a193db8c2

Has anyone tried this magnet trick on their X2?  I wonder if it's possible to retrain a sensor?  Instead of being stuck, my X2 sensor seems to go in a counter-clockwise direction (NWSE) instead of the normally accepted clockwise direction (NESW).

Unless an app/software is specifically written to accommodate this fact, the app will most likely assume that East and West followa clockwise orientation.  North and South are still 0 and 180 no matter which clockwise direction the sensor responds to.

mombofmoto
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 25

Would be interested to hear from any who has heard if this gets fixed in the next update!
mombofmoto
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 25

I finally found the solution to this. Unfortunately you have to go back to froyo. 2.2.2. I'm guessing it is a bug in the gingerbread kernel, that Motorola needs to address. Every android version 2.3.* I have tried has the same bug. And I tried every official vsw update since its release last night.
devedsmith
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 25

I re-rooted my phone and put Liberty on it and the problem went away. The compass on Liberty works as it should.

mombofmoto
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 25

EDIT:The latest OTA 2.3.5, vzw system version 1.3.418 fixed this for me, finally.

thanks for the info devedsmith! Which version of liberty did you use? I'll give it a try! TIA