cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_droid
What's DOS?
Views: 112
Message 21 of 29

Re: Forget the Spring 2012 OTA bloatware update - Motorola UPDATE our kernel!

My best with extremely light usage, but I was also using a different launcher at the time

JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 22 of 29

jason.droid said:

Older people are comfortable with what they know, and their learning curve is a bit higher than younger people.

This has been well documented. Chances are, if you use the X2 for email and occasional web browsing, it'll be fine.

Who are these old people you speak of? Cool

droidforce
Token Ring
Message 23 of 29

JBass said:

jason.droid said:

Older people are comfortable with what they know, and their learning curve is a bit higher than younger people.

This has been well documented. Chances are, if you use the X2 for email and occasional web browsing, it'll be fine.

Who are these old people you speak of? Cool

Dron't trust anyone over 16

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 29

Older people generally like the iPhone, like my mom, because even though Apple updates the software, not much changes visually or functionally; it's very uniform across Apple's mobile products. I didn't say old. Some younger kids would probably consider me 'old.'

ICS introduces big changes, and some people don't want to relearn how to use their phone after spending so much time figuring things out.

valadon
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 29

Baloney on the "old people" meme...I just saw an 86 yr old woman doing gymnastics last night on Colbert!  Granted, I am nowhere near her age, but my husband and myself are pretty saavy about Android phones! Smiley Wink 

So, let's stop with the iphone comfort zone...I detest Apple products...even at my age! Smiley Wink

zbreeze02
802.11n
Message 26 of 29

valadon said:

Baloney on the "old people" meme...I just saw an 86 yr old woman doing gymnastics last night on Colbert!  Granted, I am nowhere near her age, but my husband and myself are pretty saavy about Android phones! Smiley Wink 

So, let's stop with the iphone comfort zone...I detest Apple products...even at my age! Smiley Wink

Amen.  A fact of life is my eyesight deteriorates as I get older so larger screens are appreciated.  The tiny iPhone screen no matter how sharp is still tiny.  But I'm lucky since I'm very nearsighted, I just flip up my glasses and I can read 4 pt type with ease.  My wife on the other hand,  hmmm lets not go there.  Suffice it to say she loves her Razr Maxx and her MacBook Pro.

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 29

Until you work in a Verizon Wireless store (or other carriers) ...

Not everyone gets it, which is why Verizon also wants to charge us a new $30 upgrade fee.  Yay. =|

valadon
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 29

I just saw that Jason...signing a two year contract is not enough for them. Now they want to charge for the privilege of upgrading their products. It's outrageous.
JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 29 of 29

valadon said:

I just saw that Jason...signing a two year contract is not enough for them. Now they want to charge for the privilege of upgrading their products. It's outrageous.

This reminds me of when banks claimed that ATM's were going to save us money by reducing human contact (and thereby labor costs).

Shortly there after we told that an ATM convenience fee was coming.

VZ employees are notoriously ill-informed and lazy. The upgrade process is only made worse by inept in-store employees.

The $30 fee is effectively a retroactive reduction of the upgrade benefit already earned by and promised to consumers.Frown

Reduce the financial incentive to commit to another contract and customers will start to shop around more...