Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenmoore
What's DOS?
Views: 3,140
Message 1 of 5

Loss of notification sound

I have a Droid X2. For the past couple of weeks, I have lost notification sound at times throughout the day. The phone is not in silence mode and nothing has changed. I will notice it is vibrating without but there is no notificaiton. If I turn the phone off and back on, the sound returns. Has anyone had this problem and/or do you know how to fix it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Loss of notification sound

Have you tried a battery pull? Power the phone down, pull the battery out for at least 1 minute and power back on. This can fix a lot of weird behavior. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

eagene
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I know this is an old post, but I came here searching for an answer to this problem. I've been having this problem for the past couple of weeks. At random times during the day my ringtone and notification goes to silent, whether I have the phone in silent more or not. I've done plenty of reboots and battery pulls. They always solve the problem, but it occurs again. I finally decided to do a factory reset last night and keep the phone with minimal apps for a while. I did the middle reset option - kepy my SD card data and restored my apps from google.

So far it's working, but I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days before adding apps back. Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

I should mention that I use my own mp3 ringtones that are in the root folder of my SD card. Maybe the location is the problem, but this was never a problem before and I've had this phone for a while (it was a warranty replacement for my Droid X).

woodslink
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

I noticed this problem a while back on my phone. The headset action intent keeps firing on and off with or without a headset.

I created my own app to alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is put in.

The app is on the Google Play market if you want to try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix 

jason_droid
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

It's a bug related to Blur, and getting it fixed on the X2 is pretty much like wishing for horses (or in my case, a Ferrari 458 Italia).  This also affected the Bionic and RAZR on Gingerbread.  Since the RAZR has been updated to ICS, I haven't seen the issue pop up on my brother's phone.

The issue I'm referring to is a bit different, in that selecting notifications from the SD card can randomly turn up as "Unknown" and you'll lose notification or ringtone sounds.