Well at least from Motorola...
BOO!
 https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
Bolski
What's DOS?
Views: 140
Message 2 of 5

Re: No droid x2 ICS ever...

Yup. Done with Motorola and when my contracts for all my phones run out next year on Verizon, I'm switching. I'm not switching due to no ICS for the X2. I've already made the decision to no longer puchase Motorola products due to the bootloader fiasco (promises made and broken), but I'm switching away from Verizon due to the new every two removal, upgrade fee and now the removal of unlimited data.

Sprint sounds SO much better - true unlimited data that is SHARED for family, NO throttling what-so-ever AND it's cheaper than what I'm paying right now with Verizon where I have the only data plan. As long as the coverage is fine for the areas I'm in, I'll switch.

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 3 of 5

Don't count on Sprint staying that way once the 4G network opens up and starts to fill as Verizons has. But good luck with whatever to decide to do...

skunk13
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

grandsport said:

Don't count on Sprint staying that way once the 4G network opens up and starts to fill as Verizons has. But good luck with whatever to decide to do...

x2 and Bolski look at the speeds in your area for Sprint before you jump all in. In MSP Minnesota I was barely getting dial up speeds and the speed were not consistant at all, and I actually had a Sprint rep tell me that the speeds had actually improved because iPhone users had started using wi-fi.... Notice he didn't say "That they had fixed their networks."  What a thing for a rep to say.  Verizon still has the best network thought I couldn't agree that their greed may be the loss of a few customers.

valadon
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

It was very disappointing to hear that the X2 will not get the ICS update, but after I thought about it for awhile I realized that Bionic won't even get it for a few months and by the time we would have gotten it, Jellybean may be out...So I'm holding out for a phone with Android 5 out of the box.

I know that probably does little to ease the disappointment, but that's the way I'm going to deal with it...au revoir ICS.

BTW if you buy your own phone for your Verizon account, you'll still keep unlimited data. The change is only for upgrades. There are a lot of alternatives though...some folks are thinking about buying their phone and using prepaid. AT&T may follow suit...bottom line all the carriers will make significant changes that are not to our benefit.