Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eezip
What's DOS?
Views: 92
Message 1 of 3

Occasional dim display for a sec after waking up phone

Sometimes, perhaps just a couple times a week, I will hit the power or Home button to wake my phone and the screen will be very, very dim for 5 or so seconds. After that, the screen will be the normal brightness and the phone behaves normally. Most of the time, the screen pops on right away, and I can't find any correlation that explains when this might happen. It's not related to the environment's brightness, as AFAIK. It seems to be completely random.

I have the screen brightness manually set at the lowest setting. Auto brightness is turned off.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I got my X2 with the original Froyo firmware, and didn't see this happen until the current 2.3.4 firmware. But the older firmwares weren't current for very long, so perhaps it would have happened if I'd used the older firmware versions for a longer time.

I tried searching the forums, but didn't find any results that talk about this phenomenon. Sorry if they exist and I just missed them.

BizSAR
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: Occasional dim display for a sec after waking up phone

Hi eezip,

Does this happen if you bring up the manual brightness just slightly? How about if you enable auto brightness?

eezip
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Occasional dim display for a sec after waking up phone

Hi BizSAR,

Thanks for the reply! I can't answer your questions right now, so I moved the manual brightness up a bit (around 10%). I'll report back if I see this issue again.

If it happens again, or if I don't see this issue after a few weeks, I'll enable auto brightness.

Either way, if anything happens with regards to this issue I'll post here.