Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
streetrod
Token Ring
Views: 121
Message 1 of 13

Will Moto actively support the DX2 ?

Since the Tegra 2 CPU is a major problem on the VZW LTE network, will good support be timely. I love Motorola phones, but these issues concern me. I am on the fence as far as keeping his phone and continuing my allegiance with MOTO.

I have also had a few reboots, and notification LED hanging for no reason.

DennisMa
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 13

Re: Will Moto actively support the DX2 ?

First off there isn't a problem with the Tegra 2 chip and LTE.   The problem is (more than likely) Motorola screwing up on the hardware they chose.   The Samsung Tablet 10.1 for example has no such problem.

Second... the DX2 is 3G only. I don't believe there will be a 4G upgrade path.  

streetrod
Token Ring
Message 3 of 13

I understand the X2 is 3G only, and there are some conflicts. I think the conflict is between Moto/Vzw/Tegra2.

If we can agree on this, do you think Moto will still support the X2 actively. Or will they be glad to unload conflicting hardware?

zecpull
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13

I would say that Moto will still actively support the X2 as they are Still supporting the X and the Original Droid. I was surprised that it has not been updated to GB Yet. as the X has been proven to be taking pretty smoothly. I have seen complaints but mostly from people that should be using an iphone..lol...Or they have 200 apps.. and having conflicts.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 13

The DX2 is quite new, but Moto is putting a fair bit of effort into the Tegra 2. My Atrix got two major updates in the first two months it was out, both addressing bugs identified right here in the support forums.

It's hardly enough to call it a "track record" but it's a great start. I think you'll see similar support on the DX2 especially since the code base and UI are so similar.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 13

Motorola has a very good track record when it comes to the higher end phones. I really don't think that you have anything to worry about when it comes to them supporting the X2. I wouldn't have invested in one if I had any doubts about that. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

streetrod
Token Ring
Message 7 of 13

Thanks, time will tell. I live in an area that  4G will not be a priority. Going forward 3G phones may be dropped down on the list.

AuntKris
WWAN
Message 8 of 13

Just because it's not a 4G phone doesn't mean that moto won't support it. they will support it.  The D3 isn't even going to be 4G and I think they realize not everyone has 4G in their area yet.

They know there are bugs and I am sure they are actively working to resolve them.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 13

streetrod wrote:

Since the Tegra 2 CPU is a major problem on the VZW LTE network, will good support be timely. I love Motorola phones, but these issues concern me. I am on the fence as far as keeping his phone and continuing my allegiance with MOTO.

I have also had a few reboots, and notification LED hanging for no reason.

As all of the major tablet manufacturers are using the Tegra 2 processor (with Gingerbread) it's highly unlikely that Motorola would not actively and aggresively support the DX2.   It's turning out that the Tegra is not the problem child that it was labeled to be early on when the Xoom was first released, kernel modifications are overcoming what had previously been mislabled as hardware obstacles, and work is still very much in progress.    --- Dan

davezaff
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for the info Dan your always able to keep my hopes up.