cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvigue
What's DOS?
Views: 517
Message 1 of 3

X2 Users with Screen Freezes/lockups READ THIS!!! and MOTO Techs To!

I have has so many screen lockups with my X2 (screen is unresponsive but the physical buttons work), then it comes back with in 1 min or so.  I SBF'd the new GB build and left it COMPLETE stock Rooted. NO bloat removed or anything. took out my 8 gig SD card  and used Internal memory.

my X2 ran so freaking nice yesterday. fast, responsive, NO freezes and i used it allot all day.  This morning, after charging, i rebooted, then when i got to work, i reinserted my 8 gig class4 SD card (i also used a 32gig card and got freezes as well) and within 15 min BOOM i got my first lock up surfing.

i am conviniced that it eaither has to do with the SD card slot itslef, or maybe the X2 does NOT like certian "class" cards?

i would love to see any of you who are getting lockups with screen unresponsive issues to try this and see if you get the same results? i was also getting freezes and lockups with ecliplse ROM when i ran a custom rom.

thoughts???

Paraspolo
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: X2 Users with Screen Freezes/lockups READ THIS!!! and MOTO Techs To!

I am stock, never been rooted. I received 2.3.4 early (a few days before the release) and everything has been great. My main concern was the music skipping. And while it still does skip every now and than it is still 95% less than before. Totally happy with that. My reason for being here is I have had my first lockup today leading to a reboot. I was media docked and listening to music. I am 100% sure it is due to either the card or card slot. I have even had motorola send me a different card. Still locks up. The SD Card is the culprit I just wish I knew why.

JDRho
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: X2 Users with Screen Freezes/lockups READ THIS!!! and MOTO Techs To!

It's a Class 4.....Slow data read and write rates to the card. Try a Class 10 and see if that helps.