Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltb3
What's DOS?
Views: 251
Message 1 of 2

X2 will not power on

I have a coworkers Droid X2 he is asking me to work on, but I am at a loss.

The phone will not power on, period. When I hook it to the computer with a USB, the LED shows green, stays that way. I have left it hooked to the computer for 16+ hours, nothing. I plugged it into my charger (Moto Photon) and left it overnight,  (does not light up) no luck. I bought a dock type charger, and a new (knockoff) battery, fully charged both batteries, nothing will make it boot up.

Nothing I have tried will make this thing power on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to get this thing working, it's gotten personal. lol

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 251
Message 2 of 2

Re: X2 will not power on

It might be that the phone is just dead and needs to be repaired.

Have you tried to get into Fastboot mode? Hold the volume down button down and press the power button for 5 seconds. If nothing happens than it is probably not going to power on no matter what you do. You have already put a new battery in it, so it must be hardware related or the boot sector is corrupted. At this point, I would say it would need to be sent in for repair or you will need a replacement. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.