Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hjwd1
What's DOS?
Views: 6,243
Message 1 of 13

moto upgrade rebate

Hey, has anyone heard about a trade in rebate for 2011 moto phones that will not be updated to jelly bean?   i read about it on an android blog, and found a link to a place to 'sign up' but aside from that nothing...  

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 13

Re: moto upgrade rebate

You can read much more detail about it on this web site.   --- Dan

hjwd1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

Thanks! that was a little more info.  but nothing states how to receive the rebate...  i'm looking at picking up a razr m as i have an upgrade i can use and if they'll give e 100.00 for my x2, then a free 4g phone sounds pretty good...  but w/ no info...  Smiley Happy  

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 13

hjwd1 said:

Thanks! that was a little more info.  but nothing states how to receive the rebate...  i'm looking at picking up a razr m as i have an upgrade i can use and if they'll give e 100.00 for my x2, then a free 4g phone sounds pretty good...  but w/ no info...  Smiley Happy  

View original

You're most welcome.  It's not a rebate, per se, you only get the $100.00 off the purchase price from the phone of your choice *if* and only *if* your phone is not updated to Jelly Bean if it was manufactured from 2011 and up.   Once you signed up as you stated, the $100.00 off the phone you are purchasing will be applied at the time of purchase if they don't meet their promise, it will be automatic.    --- Dan

hjwd1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Ok, so is this based upon the lists we'd seen earlier in the year that had the X2 as not getting an update, or are is the new executive team going to re evaluate the list of JB updates?  Also, when you say at the time of purchase, does that mean if i went to Verizon today, they would know which phones are not being updated and provide the discount?  

thanks again, appreciate the follow up! 

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 13

hjwd1 said:

Ok, so is this based upon the lists we'd seen earlier in the year that had the X2 as not getting an update, or are is the new executive team going to re evaluate the list of JB updates?  Also, when you say at the time of purchase, does that mean if i went to Verizon today, they would know which phones are not being updated and provide the discount?  

thanks again, appreciate the follow up! 

View original

You're welcome.  This link is the first list of phones that Motorola announced that would be upgraded to ICS, the prerequisite to receiving Jelly Bean.

Here is the most recent updated comprehensive list of phones that are scheduled to receive ICS.

The release date for the Droid X2 was in May of 2011.  Under the news release from Motorola regarding the $100.00 credit toward the purchase of a new phone from Verizon that I provided in my previous post, the Droid X2 is eligible even though it's not officially scheduled to receive ICS...and therefore not Jelly Bean.  This is my personal opinion, I doubt very much that the phones listed in the second link in this post that I have provided you will receive ICS, unless they are on that list as being eligible to receive ICS.  Things *could* always change and Motorola could decide to update some of the phones on the list that are not scheduled to receive ICS and update them, but as I said, I feel that is unlikely. 

I think your best option is to call Motorola directly if you have other questions as I do not believe that Verizon lower level support would be able to tell you what you are asking.  Below is the telephone number for Motorola Android support:

For general product questions and technical support

on your Android-powered Smartphones and Devices

e.g. Motorola XOOM™, DROID RAZR™, DROID Pro,

Motorola ATRIX™ 4G, MOTOACTV™

1-800-734-5870

Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM;

Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST

--- Dan

hjwd1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13

Thanks again for the info!  I'll give Moto a call, as you say that's the best place to find out.  

Appreciate the info! 

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 13

hjwd1 said:

Thanks again for the info!  I'll give Moto a call, as you say that's the best place to find out.  

Appreciate the info! 

View original

You're most welcome, my pleasure.  As this question is likely going to repeat itself in the course of the next few weeks/months, if you feel one of the replies was the "best answer", please mark it as such in order that other forum members can readily locate the answer when they do a forum search.   Thanks.    --- Dan

hjwd1
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13

Just to let anyone who is also curious know, i just had a chat session w/ Moto support.  there is no ETA on when we might hear on the credit.  from what i was told 'all claims' are being evaluated for eligibility.  So we just have to be on the lookout for an email w/ their decision.  

marka-1
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

My upgrade date is March 19, 2013 and I am planning on upgrading to a Razr Maxx HD. To request information about the $100 rebate, I have navigated to this website twice: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

and have entered my information. On this page Motorola promises :  "...we'll send you instructions on how to trade in your phone for a select new Motorola smartphone and get $100 back on your purchase." To date, I have not received any instructions on how to receive this rebate. I realize that I'm still a month early, but when the time comes and I won't receive this rebate, I promise that I won't go with the Razr Maxx HD nor with any other Motorola smartphone.