cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 2,414
Message 11 of 13

Re: "Unable to initialize camera" (with logcat info)

jason.droid said:

Yep, we must be. As I said, the camera works fine now, and I can no longer reproduce the issue OUTSIDE of SAFE MODE. So, what would it prove if I can use the camera in safe mode or not? NOTHING.View original

If you can no longer reproduce the issue outside of safe mode that can only mean that powering down your phone in order to *enter* safe mode cleared volatile files that were the cause of your problem or entering safe mode itself somehow cleared the volatile files, although that would be highly unusual.  I'm happy to hear your camera is now working as Motorola intended, thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated.   --- Dan

Not applicable
Message 12 of 13

joelbon said:

Why would they patch something that works after you reboot. This could just be a cache issue or something else. If it is working after reboot than I see no problem.

If you are having problems than try starting in Safe mode and see if it continues there. If it doesn't than I would say that there is a 3rd party app that might be causing a problem. Hope this helps.

View original

You gotta be fricking kidding me.

Do you really want to reboot every time you want to snap a picture? Cuz thats what I have to do. Although, I just found that clearing data from gallery app restores camera functionality. We'll see for how long. any known or confirmed correlation?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 13

Chris77 said:

joelbon said:

Why would they patch something that works after you reboot. This could just be a cache issue or something else. If it is working after reboot than I see no problem.

If you are having problems than try starting in Safe mode and see if it continues there. If it doesn't than I would say that there is a 3rd party app that might be causing a problem. Hope this helps.

View original

You gotta be fricking kidding me.

Do you really want to reboot every time you want to snap a picture? Cuz thats what I have to do. Although, I just found that clearing data from gallery app restores camera functionality. We'll see for how long. any known or confirmed correlation?

View original

I don't think rebooting to address the problem is what Joel is suggesting.  If you have to reboot your phone in order for your camera to work correctly, I suggest you put your phone into safe mode to see if it works correctly in that trouble shooting mode.  If it does work correctly in safe mode, you have a third party application that is causing the conflict with your camera application.  I have seen instances where merely an extended battery pull of two minutes or greater would address problems similar to what you are describing.      --- Dan