Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eh33
What's DOS?
Views: 490
Message 11 of 16

Re: Battery Charging Problem

Well, it lasted about two weeks and the same problem appeared.  I just contacted Motorola support and they are shipping me the box to send it back for repair.  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to send it back.

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 12 of 16

My Xyboard  10.1 has had random charging issues.  Sometimes it charges to 100%,  other times like today it charges to 90% after being on the charger for 7 hours. I did a FDR and still have this issue along with a fair amount of random freezes that requires a soft reset and issues turning it on. I hope the update to Jellybean  will help with a lot of this. 

RBD
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 16

RBD said:

I did not find anything short of a factory reset that would clear this condition. I had to do it again recently and when that problem continued, I finally sent my xyboard back to Motorola for repair or replacement. I hope the new or replacement doesn't show signs of this same problem. I believe it is a battery problem.View original

I should have reported sooner but I am pleased to say that I have not experienced battery charging problems since I received the replacement XYBoard 10.1 from Motorola.  I took it back to the local Verizon store and they had Motorola send me a box to return the old one in.  I received the replacement in a few days and have not had any battery charging issues since.  I can't say for sure but my instinct tells me that the battery was the problem.  Since you can't replace it, the only solution was to send it in to Motorola.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 14 of 16

RBD said:

RBD said:

I did not find anything short of a factory reset that would clear this condition. I had to do it again recently and when that problem continued, I finally sent my xyboard back to Motorola for repair or replacement. I hope the new or replacement doesn't show signs of this same problem. I believe it is a battery problem.View original

I should have reported sooner but I am pleased to say that I have not experienced battery charging problems since I received the replacement XYBoard 10.1 from Motorola.  I took it back to the local Verizon store and they had Motorola send me a box to return the old one in.  I received the replacement in a few days and have not had any battery charging issues since.  I can't say for sure but my instinct tells me that the battery was the problem.  Since you can't replace it, the only solution was to send it in to Motorola.

View original

Hello RBD,

Thanks for following back up on your post with the details. It sounds like in your case, it may have been the physical battery (rather than Android's calibration), though I think it would depend on what they did to fix your previous tablet.

-Doc

pishta1
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 16

I contacted motorola about the battery charging issue on my company xyboard, it would not hold a charge after they sent me a replacement charger as i had arecalled one. They had it for 1 week and i requested them to replace the battery after the questions they asked me on the phone. I received the tablet back and read the repair order to find they only replaced the usb charging board, not the battery. I have had the same issue since the repair. My battery will show 80% charged or more when charging but as soon as i remove the charger, the battery will drop to 5% even when it says the battery is 100% and i should remove the charger. i have included a screen shot of latest issue. I believe it is still under warranty but i cant work 5 days without it. 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 16 of 16

pishta said:

I contacted motorola about the battery charging issue on my company xyboard, it would not hold a charge after they sent me a replacement charger as i had arecalled one. They had it for 1 week and i requested them to replace the battery after the questions they asked me on the phone. I received the tablet back and read the repair order to find they only replaced the usb charging board, not the battery. I have had the same issue since the repair. My battery will show 80% charged or more when charging but as soon as i remove the charger, the battery will drop to 5% even when it says the battery is 100% and i should remove the charger. i have included a screen shot of latest issue. I believe it is still under warranty but i cant work 5 days without it. 

View original

Hello pishta,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the battery, but that abrupt drop off is not normal. IMHO, that does not look like a battery calibration or charging issue, it looks more like a battery issue. Is the tablet getting hot to the touch during use or charging? Servicing likely replaced the USB charging board suspecting a charging issue rather than a physical battery issue. It is never convenient to send in any device for servicing, but I think that is your best option to resolve this issue.

If you decide to have it serviced again, please send me the ticket# and details via PM and I will ask my contacts at Motorola to ensure things go smoothly.

-Doc