Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chevyguy
What's DOS?
Views: 3,774
Message 1 of 7

HDMI

Has anyone had any issues with using the HDMI on the xyboard 10.1? i can never get it  to work properly... I have two flat screen hd tvs o wich this devise does not work with. when i try to use it my tv just blinks the image on my tablet screen then eventually goes static. please some suggestions or  recommendations. I also have a razr maxx that works fine with the same cord and tvs. i dont know what else to do.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 7

Re: HDMI

Has anyone had any issues with using the HDMI on the xyboard 10.1? i can never get it  to work properly... I have two flat screen hd tvs o wich this devise does not work with. when i try to use it my tv just blinks the image on my tablet screen then eventually goes static. please some suggestions or  recommendations. I also have a razr maxx that works fine with the same cord and tvs. i dont know what else to do.

Hello chevyguy,

I own several Motorola tablets, including the Droid XYBoard 10.1and have not experienced any issues using the HDMI output with my Samsung flat screen TVs. How do you have the scanning set for your TV HDMI inputs? If your TV has the option, a setting that matches the TV scan to the incoming signal is the best option. My Samsung TVs have the setting "Just Scan", which fit the incoming HDMI signal to the screen resolution perfectly and without cropping. Do any of your computer monitors support HDMI input? That's another quick way to check your output signal.

-Doc

DrHenley
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Make sure your cable is rated for HD.  (if you paid less than $30 for it, it's probably not)

I have a cheap HDMI cable that works fine with my phone, but not with the XYboard.  HD rated cables do work fine, however.

My phone is not HD, and neither is the Razr Maxx, which is why cheap cables work with them.

chevyguy
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your help doc. i have tried every setting on my tvs. i am using a 15 foot high speed hdmi cable i bought from verizon. it says it for hd devices on the package. i can sometimes get it to work but rarely and when it does the sound still comes from my tabletand not the tv. its set to hdmi audio routing. i dont how else to fix this issuse.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 7

chevyguy said:

Thanks for your help doc. i have tried every setting on my tvs. i am using a 15 foot high speed hdmi cable i bought from verizon. it says it for hd devices on the package. i can sometimes get it to work but rarely and when it does the sound still comes from my tabletand not the tv. its set to hdmi audio routing. i dont how else to fix this issuse.

View original

@chevyguy,

Passing sound through the HDMI cable depends on the source (tablet), cable and receiving system. I get sound from HDMI using my cables with the Motorola tablets, although it is not always high quality (depending on the source media) and many times sounds better coming from the audio jack (attenuated) instead.If you have an HDMI cable that supports audio and is certified for true HD standard output, then it sounds like your television may have an issue ( such as firmware revision, scan compatibility, hardware, port (loose pin out), etc.). If you don't mind sharing, what make, model and manufacture year is your HD television?

-Doc

chevyguy
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Doc

I know its been a while since this discussion but i still have not been able to watch movies using an hdmi cable with my tablet and a tv. I have now tried it on several tvs including phillips samsung toshiba emerson and sony. All of the tvs will display my tablets screen until i watch a movie via netflix or youtube. Even if i play fruit slice it will show the main menu until the game starts. It appears if there is alot of animation is when the tvs go black. But if im using email or facebook it works fine. 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 7

chevyguy said:

Doc

I know its been a while since this discussion but i still have not been able to watch movies using an hdmi cable with my tablet and a tv. I have now tried it on several tvs including phillips samsung toshiba emerson and sony. All of the tvs will display my tablets screen until i watch a movie via netflix or youtube. Even if i play fruit slice it will show the main menu until the game starts. It appears if there is alot of animation is when the tvs go black. But if im using email or facebook it works fine. 

View original

Hello chevyguy,

Since you are getting the desktop over the HDMI, have you tried using other third party video player apps, such as MXPlayer or MoboPlayer? I have heard that the stock video player has issues with certain video file types over HDMI. When I experience issues that are inconsistent, I often find it helpful to install the top few third party apps and see if the issue goes away, changes or remains the same (which helps to determine the cause). That way, you can also determine which app is the best fit for your needs and then remove the ones that are not needed.

-Doc