Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 409
Message 1 of 97

ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Welcome fellow 10.1 XYBoard and 10.1 Droid XYBoard owners now running ICS,

Please use this thread to report issues, ask questions, provide tips or other functional feedback. This thread is not intended to be a place to provide wish lists for future features or updates, but let's focus on getting the most from ICS and reporting potential defects that need to be addressed. What is Ice Cream with toppings? Pass along your tips or ask questions from other ICS users within this thread as well.

If you are reporting an issues, please provide as much detail as you can, including:

• What is the error or symptom? What does it do to your 10.1 (Droid) XYBoard?

• What apps are running on your tablet when this occurs?

• Have you tried rebooting or a Forced Reset? What were the results?

• Is it a repeatable issue and if so, what are the steps (for others to try)?

• Does the issue happen at other locations (especially if related to connectivity)?

• If this appears to be app related, have you tried another (competing) app?

• Have you found any work around for the issue?

This thread is only for the 10.1 XYBoard and 10.1 Droid XYBoard, there will be another thread opened for the 8.2 XYBoard tablets later in the appropriate forum. As issues or gaps are identified in this thread, we will be able to aggregate the details here for Google or Motorola to review.

If you report an issue or question, consider following this thread for answers, suggestions or follow-up updates.

Thanks in avdance for your participation and contributions.

-Doc

heck13
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

hi there

my photos from goole+ are not synchronizing with the app ''gallery" on my motorola xyboard 10.1 wi-fi ics 4.0.4, got the update about 2weeks ago. it used to sync with honeycom.

any help would be appreciated

thank you 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 97

heck13 said:

hi there

my photos from goole+ are not synchronizing with the app ''gallery" on my motorola xyboard 10.1 wi-fi ics 4.0.4, got the update about 2weeks ago. it used to sync with honeycom.

thank you 

Hello heck13,

Have you checked your tablet's Settings and your Google account online to see if it has synchronized correctly? Have you tried removing your Google account, rebooting the XYBoard and then re-entering the account and syncing up again?

-Doc

krauseke
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 97

Yesterday, it said the upgrade was available. I downloaded it and it failed.  I downloaded again and it failed again.  I wiped/factory reset and now it says it's "up to date" and no updates are available!

Anyone know where the logs are for checking when an upgrade fails?  I've done it with my Razr when it failed to see what the hang up was, but don't see similiar on the XYBoard.  It just says it failed and nothing else....

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 97

*** said:

Yesterday, it said the upgrade was available. I downloaded it and it failed.  I downloaded again and it failed again.  I wiped/factory reset and now it says it's "up to date" and no updates are available!

Anyone know where the logs are for checking when an upgrade fails?  I've done it with my Razr when it failed to see what the hang up was, but don't see similiar on the XYBoard.  It just says it failed and nothing else....

Hello ***,

I don't think there are any update logs that are available to the end user on the XYBoards. If your issues persists, I will ask a Motorola Tech to look at the Motorola and Google OTA server logs to see what has been reported by your tablet and the system. However, the majority of systems will typically resume receiving updates within 24-48 hours after a Factory Reset (depending on server traffic). When your system is reset, it updates the servers with the current version and status. As maintenance jobs are launched each day, the OTA distribution system will queue your Android updates (in sequential order) and then send the signal to your device.

I would keep checking for updates over the next couple days and let me know your status, so we can help accordingly.

-Doc

heck13
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 97

docbrown said:

heck13 said:

hi there

thank you 

Hello heck13,

Have you checked your tablet's Settings and your Google account online to see if it has synchronized correctly? Have you tried removing your Google account, rebooting the XYBoard and then re-entering the account and syncing up again?

-Doc

hi doc 

yes i have done that. i have even done a factory data reset & not luck. 

here's my othere concern, on my google chrome browser when i go to google+ & click on "upload new photos"  nothing happens but when i use firefox  browser it works perfectly. (google is my default browser) 

here's a pic of what i am talking a bout  it just says "loading"  but it dose not hapen when i use firefox.

any idea what the problem may be 

thank you

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 7 of 97

This is just a guess, but, having performed a FDR, the upgrade will probably have to be re-pushed to your tablet. Seen a similar situation in another forum & that was the remedy. We'll see what the MOTO XPRTS, etc.... have to offer to get ICS to you as soon as possible.

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 8 of 97

OK,hopefully there's something I'm overlooking here.This isn't actually an O/S or Hardware issue,but......

I've been looking forward to using the CHROME browser & now that it's available for use on our tablets,this site/forum will not load.I'm having to use the stock browser or DOLPHIN to access the site.

On a side note,just started getting Security Certificate warnings/errors for this site yesterday.No biggie,just wanted to put it out there for the MOTO XPRTS to pass along to the powers that be.

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 9 of 97

KOLIO said:

OK,hopefully there's something I'm overlooking here.This isn't actually an O/S or Hardware issue,but......

I've been looking forward to using the CHROME browser & now that it's available for use on our tablets,this site/forum will not load.I'm having to use the stock browser or DOLPHIN to access the site.

On a side note,just started getting Security Certificate warnings/errors for this site yesterday.No biggie,just wanted to put it out there for the MOTO XPRTS to pass along to the powers that be.

My apologies for quoting myself here,but,I think I found the answer to why some pages wouldn't load using the CHROME Browser:

I unchecked the option to block pop-ups(in the CHROME BROWSER SETTINGS).Not sure if this is a coincidence,but,I'm using CHROME on this site as we speak.

I'll try to keep closer to topic (ICS ISSUES/QUESTIONS/TIPS) on future comments in this post/thread

Mjnub
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 97

I found a trick to force the update this actually worked! You have try it atleast 10 or more times not on wifi turn it off. Let me know if it worked for you please. Step 1. goto settings, manage applications, select all and find Google Services Framework.
Step 2. Clear all data and force stop.
Step 3. Check for updates .