cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 439
Message 81 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

lovely-dilip said:

Here I uploaded the droid xyboard 10.1 inches genuine flash player.As I interacted with customer care she said adobe has stopped programing flash player for ics thats the reason they removed it. Here I uploaded download it http://rapidshare.com/files/2480601893/Adobe%20Flash%20Player%2011.1%2011.1.115.37_111115037.apkView original

Hello lovely-dilip,

You can still download all of the previous (authentic) copies of the Flash Player from Adobe here (scroll down the page to the closest version of Android you need Flash for):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Adobe has stopped making Flash available on the Android market and has dropped support for future updates, although they have made a couple minor security updates since they pulled it from the market.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 82 of 97

lovely-dilip said:

but u can play everything in the default browser which is html5 it supports with the above flash player which is genuine

View original

@lovely-dilip,

If you choose to use the Android default browser as your primary browser, please keep in mind that it still has a known memory leak. To avoid memory and performance issues, you will need to reboot your tablet every week or two, depending on your browsing frequency and site content. Using third party browsers (such as Dolphin, FireFox, Boat, or Opera) will avoid the memory leak issue, support Flash and most provide an equal (or better) browsing experience, IMHO.

-Doc

RocketRay
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 97

Having a problem getting the OTA update on my MZ617.

I just got my Xoom 2 last month and it's got Gingerbread on it (Android 3.2).  In Settings when I access About Tablet and then System Updates it says there's an update available, 11.7.279.en.US and it's about 84.8mb in size.  I have it download over wifi (I don't have a Verizon SIM) then I tap Install Now.  It reboots and I get the Android with the moving gears and a yellow progress bar at the bottom.  It gets about 1/4 the way through, then the Android robot changes to the one with the yellow caustion triangle exclamation point.  After a couple minutes it then reboots and when it's unlocked it says the software update failed.

I've tried this about ten times with the same result.  Any other updates I can try manually?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 84 of 97

RocketRay said:

Having a problem getting the OTA update on my MZ617.

I just got my Xoom 2 last month and it's got Gingerbread on it (Android 3.2).  In Settings when I access About Tablet and then System Updates it says there's an update available, 11.7.279.en.US and it's about 84.8mb in size.  I have it download over wifi (I don't have a Verizon SIM) then I tap Install Now.  It reboots and I get the Android with the moving gears and a yellow progress bar at the bottom.  It gets about 1/4 the way through, then the Android robot changes to the one with the yellow caustion triangle exclamation point.  After a couple minutes it then reboots and when it's unlocked it says the software update failed.

I've tried this about ten times with the same result.  Any other updates I can try manually?

View original

Hello RocketRay,

There's only one thing I can suggest that might correct your issue and that is a Factory Reset. Since this erases your current system and reloads the OS to a factory-fresh status, you would need to back-up all user data and app data prior to executing the Reset. OTA upgrades are downloaded to a system partition and then applied locally to update the current Operating system. When you get a failed upgrade, it can be due to a corrupted existing OS image, missing file or system data that prevents the upgrade from completing. In these instances, a FDR will reload a fresh Android install and allow the upgrade to complete successfully.

However, if the upgrade fails after completing a FDR, then the XYBoard will require servicing by Motorola to manually reimage the tablet offline.

-Doc

RocketRay
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 97

Same thing happens after the factory reset.  I got this from Daily Steals, it's a refurbished tablet and when I registered it Motorola said it's out of warranty.  Are they gonna charge me to fix it so I can get updates?

One thing I noticed is the download size.  I Googled this problem and other sites & threads talked about a prior update that was 336mb, this update is only 85mb, which happens to be almost exactly 1/4 of 336mb.  Perhaps it should be getting a much larger update?

Why oh why did they lock the bootloader?  If they hadn't there would be custom ROMs for it (like the first Xoom) and I wouldn't be here.

Thanks doc. Smiley Happy

edited to fix: formatting

docbrown said:

Hello RocketRay,

There's only one thing I can suggest that might correct your issue and that is a Factory Reset. Since this erases your current system and reloads the OS to a factory-fresh status, you would need to back-up all user data and app data prior to executing the Reset. OTA upgrades are downloaded to a system partition and then applied locally to update the current Operating system. When you get a failed upgrade, it can be due to a corrupted existing OS image, missing file or system data that prevents the upgrade from completing. In these instances, a FDR will reload a fresh Android install and allow the upgrade to complete successfully.

However, if the upgrade fails after completing a FDR, then the XYBoard will require servicing by Motorola to manually reimage the tablet offline.

-Doc

View original

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 86 of 97

RocketRay said:

Same thing happens after the factory reset.  I got this from Daily Steals, it's a refurbished tablet and when I registered it Motorola said it's out of warranty.  Are they gonna charge me to fix it so I can get updates?

One thing I noticed is the download size.  I Googled this problem and other sites & threads talked about a prior update that was 336mb, this update is only 85mb, which happens to be almost exactly 1/4 of 336mb.  Perhaps it should be getting a much larger update?

Why oh why did they lock the bootloader?  If they hadn't there would be custom ROMs for it (like the first Xoom) and I wouldn't be here.

Thanks doc. Smiley Happy

edited to fix: formatting

docbrown said:

Hello RocketRay,

-Doc

View original

View original

@RocketRay,

I would call Motorola servicing and explain the situation. Since you got a refurbished unit, it is possible that a previous owner loaded something that is not stock or corrupted the OS.

-Doc

RocketRay
What's DOS?
Message 87 of 97

Got it solved.  I found a way to manually update it on XDA to 11.7.29.  After a minor hiccup that update was successful, then when I did the OTA update it worked perfectly.  Now my Xoom 2 is on Android 4.0.4.

So the OTA was expecting a different version than what mine had out of the box.

docbrown said:

@RocketRay,

I would call Motorola servicing and explain the situation. Since you got a refurbished unit, it is possible that a previous owner loaded something that is not stock or corrupted the OS.

-Doc

View original

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 88 of 97

RocketRay said:

Got it solved.  I found a way to manually update it on XDA to 11.7.29.  After a minor hiccup that update was successful, then when I did the OTA update it worked perfectly.  Now my Xoom 2 is on Android 4.0.4.

So the OTA was expecting a different version than what mine had out of the box.

docbrown said:

@RocketRay,

-Doc

View original

View original

@RocketRay,

It sounds like what your tablet had out of the box may not have been stock. I am glad you found a way to fix the issue and apply the OTA image.

-Doc

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 89 of 97

I just bought a new Xyboard 10.1 for cheap. It had 3.2 so I did the software upgrade and have noticed that the tablet loads up on memory quickly and can slow things down. Otherwise it's pretty good. Are there any good memory optimizing apps out there?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 90 of 97

I use Clean Master. It does its job well.